Agnostic.com

5 0

LINK This 35-year-old Japanese man spent $17,600 on his wedding to the hologram of a virtual reality pop star named Hatsune Miku.

"if anyone can show just cause why this couple cannot lawfully be joined together in matrimony, let them speak now or forever hold their peace"

What's your best argument for or against such a relationship? What are the implications? Can they really have a meaningful relationship?

Are you judging according to your own cultural context?

malayang-isipan 5 Nov 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can only imagine the depth of lonliness and alienation that produces a market for this. BUT, having worked with people who experience social anxiety and other potentially disabling emotional conditions, I’m not ready to mock a strategy that might ease their suffering. As Bradbury put it, for them, this might be their “medicine for melancholy.”

I wonder how one has sex with a hologram?????

No cure for stupid or oblivious. Looks like a really expensive lamp.

Makes us all feel a little bit better, doesn't it?

A fool and his money....

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:221916
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.