Agnostic.com

24 1

Bit of fun: If you could visit a time or place in history - when ? And where?

I quite fancy an evening in Last Vegas watching the Rat Pack, a night as a flapper in the 20s, a Shakespeare play at the original Globe, sometime in the Tudor court or a feast in Augustus's palace so I could talk to Livia.

Vic47 6 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

3.97 billion years ago to the coastline. I pee in a pool of water and start all life on earth. Record it. Head back.

Bow to me humanity. I made all of life.

You have a rather high regard for the potency of your urine.....

@slayer1am its a fair bet that my urine has bacteria that can survive in ammonia and water. Ammonia + water was like 99% of the primordial ooze.

1965, my grandmother's kitchen surrounded by my family.

Sometime around 385 CE so I could spend some time with Hypatia would be good.

I was too young to have experienced Woodstock, I think I would have liked that. Also the salon life of Paris in the 1920's.

yesterday so I could win an extraordinary amount of money

Thermopylae.

Trial of Socrates

Bataan

The Doolittle Raid

Normandy

Roamoak

The creation of Pueblo bonito.

my grand father and two great uncle uncles were at normandy . didn't sound like a good place to be AT ALL

My uncle Grant was there too. Thermopylae wasn’t pleasant either. @markdevenish

1721 Philadelphia and join Ben Franklin in the Junto Club. I would be a potter...of course.

1,000,000 B.C.E, in Africa when Homo Erectus walked the earth.

I'd like to visit North America before the Europeans. Nothing against the continent, I just would like to see nature undisturbed.

Have to go back further in that case.
The natives wiped out almost all of the north and south American mega fauna way before the Europeans arrived.

@engineer_in_nj Did not know that!

I would go back to see Stevie Ray Vaughn at Alpine Valley in southern Wisconsin, he died the next day in a chopper crash.

On the Beagle assisting Charles Darwin.

rikashesh india with the beatles 67 or electric lady land studios 68 during the hendrix recordings

Post WWI Paris.

Post WWI Paris.

The launch of Apollo 11 followed by the landing of the Eagle on the moon.

I would also like to watch The Mother of All Demos on December 9, 1968 -where Douglas Englebart demonstrates the first computer mouse, hypertext along with a host of other innovations.

Ohub Level 7 Feb 8, 2018

All I can think of are nerdy science teacher ideas, lol... the first flight of Wilbur and Orville Wright. The launching of Apollo 11. The discovery of dinosaur bones. The first successful heart transplant.

Last Thursday night so I could pay my phone bill on time.

I think of going back in time to a key moment in history to help people make better choices and save the world from something terrible.

I'm surprised no one said go back and slap themselves onto a better path

April 14, 1912 So I could try to keep the Titanic from sinking

QE1's coronation -- and then QE2's. Complete with music.

I would fancy 2050 personally because imagine a world of infinite possibilities, if the future lies in ruin or prospers.

Early 70s. I'd take some money with me, so I could go to some of the rock concerts I missed back then.

I was struggling to think of something but to see Hamlet at the globe would be a trip. Plus afterwords I could go all Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's court up in there.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.