Agnostic.com

11 18

Proud atheist

Travel1 5 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We had an American Atheists PRIDE MARCH in Denver. ....if there were no religious bigotry nor religious violence we Atheists would NOT need pride marches anymore than left handers might feel discrimination from right handers

Athiest and proud.

I agree with all of that but I'm not proud. I just am like that.

I am so proud to be atheist..

My favorite question from Bible thumpers is
"How can atheists have morals if they don't believe in God?"

My favorite response: "Because I don't need a god to be a good person. I kill as much as I want, I rape as much as I want and I own as many slaves as I want. Which is none for all 3. Besides, have you actually read your book of contradictions? Last I checked... Your God is all for rape, murder, slaves, incest, etc."

Pen and Teller, ftw. Similarly, I like to remind them that I don’t need to be -threatened- to not want to do those things.

The story of Tamar, daughter of David, raped by her half brother and then shamed by her family because of that rape. WTF? Her father is "god's chosen" yet her father did nothing to protect her. Yeah, that belongs on prime time TV, not a guideline for righteous living.

That sums it up very well. I don't need god to be good.

The poster sort of says it all!

I love this!!! Continue to be proud of who you are. It’s a shame that brainwashing has become so big that has poisoned the minds and lives of people.

Agreed!

Love it! Let's end the stereotype of unkind, robotic, mean-spirited atheists!

We've been stereotyped? Damn!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22261
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.