Agnostic.com

24 10

2018 Winter Olympics, who's watching?

Just throwing this out there. Wondering who is watching the Olympics and what is your favorite. I have to say, I like the figure skating the best. It's entertaining, the dancing, the music, how they go about their routine, etc. Next would be the snow boarding. Shawn White was the best.. Plus it gets my mind off the everyday shit like politics for one.

mistymoon77 9 Feb 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You know, I started to appreciate most of the events.....
Everyone of the athletes is pretty amazing...

I watch as much as I can grab, I love it, These are the finest athletes the human being has to offer. A life of training, sacrifice and endurance. To see these people do their magic is just majestic.
so yes , as always, the olympics are the star of the week,

EMC2 Level 8 Feb 9, 2018

Truly agree.. I am not into most sports but this is more than that because of the training and everything involved with it.

I love the downhill ski events. Always enjoyed the bobsled too

We watched the skating pairs last night. Wow!

I know.. it was incredible the talent and hard work that goes into this. They train at such an early age and the dedication alone is noteworthy.

I'll have a week off of school, so I'll DVR just about everything! But my favorites are figure skating (number 1) then ski cross and snowboard cross, and anything where skiers are flipping in the air.

I can't wait for the ice skating 🙂 New Zealand never really wins medals in the winter olympics but I will watch anyway 🙂 Happy happy

Sacha Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

Mistymoon, I'm right there with ya! Absolutely love the Olympics! I'm truly worthless for these two weeks, because I'm glued to the tv every waking chance. I have a new-ish HULU streaming live tv service, so I'm a little challenged to figure out how all the specific Olympics programming works between all the different networks. Just realized NBC isn't one of my available live streaming channels on HULU; I only have NBC "on demand" but I do at least have an NBC sports app on my roku and my indoor antenna pulls in the signal great, so woo! Old fashioned network tv! I can even record that over the air tv on my personal dvr. HULU does give me NBCSN and the Olympic Channel, but I'm still trying to figure out what the Olympic channel will show me and how to find it and whether I need to tell it to save it for me or if it will all be on-demand. Ah fun...

As for the sports, I am completely glued to the figure skating; I am a figure skater--never was competitive, but that doesn't mean I didn't take it seriously. I'm actually really good for 50 year old man who didn't start skating till age 28. lol

Just watched the first leg of the figure skating team event this evening, men's and pairs short programs. I'm stoked!

In addition to the figure skating, though, I like anything on snow that involves aerial tricks, so the half-pipe skiers and snowboarders, moguls, and straight up aerial freestyle. I also love all the athlete interviews of all the sports. Something about the Olympics is fascinating when it comes to the back stories of how hard the athletes have worked.

Those are my favorites too! Skating, and anything with aerial tricks! I also love ski cross and snowboard cross!

MikeInBatonRouge, thanks for sharing your passion for this. I know some could care less but those of us who truly enjoy these kind of sports, it is breathtaking to see the dedication, patience, work and time invested with it all. Yes, I do like to see and hear about the stories as well. It helps to better understand why they doing what they do.

Front and center. Most everything.

gearl Level 8 Feb 9, 2018

Pairs figure skating is my favorite to watch. Snowboarding, I can't believe it is an olympic sport, but it is very entertaining to watch too. Slalom skiing, biathlon, luge, and bobsled can be interesting as well. I'll probably record some stuff so I can skip the commercials.

I'll be watching.

I'm not anal about it, but I do enjoy watching most winter sports.

I would almost rather have needles inserted under my finger nails. I hate Olympics.

Miss Congeniality award to you!! 😉

Ugh, sports just bore me to tears unless I'm playing or at the game. I just can't sit in front of the TV and get excited

I forgot to watch tonight, but I liked the commercials for the figure skating to the tune of David Bowie's 'Lets Dance'.

I am some of the events. I like the skiing, hockey, luge, and bobsled the best.

JK666 Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

Oh yeah, add hockey to my list.

The figure skating is just breathtaking. I am in awe on how dedicated, passionate and the amount of work they put into these routines that only last for about just a few brief moments.

Criminal theocrat Veep Pence is there in Korea spewing his gawdly lies upon Olympians and cheering audiences alike CHEERING FOR Athletes who should come out of their closets for ATHEISM as few Mount Olympus gods are worshipped yet today

I just ignore all that political crap, Its just nice to see these countries line up to enjoy something without war, hatred & rude ass fans. Not a sports person really but this to me, is something completely different.

@mistymoon77 peace is on the political athletic food tables North&South Korean athletes are marching and competing together

I won't watch unless I am married happily with an ice skating partner again. ....I fantasized for decades for a winter sports lover 1960,1964,1968 and 1972. .....sledding ski jumping weight lifting ????? I will never give up my lifelong athleticism inseparable from my dancing bicycling and swimming. ...I am still here in South Carolina beaches. ....ready to make Snow Angels or rent a pair of ice skates with my future mate

If they all oiled down and performed naked, I'd watch, ha ha. But this crap about twirling a ribbon on a stick and dancing around is just that...a load of crap.

The Winter What?....oh,oh, oh, yes, I remember now, that's the event where huge amounts of money are spent... by a bunch of trough gorgers and junket devourers known as the Olympic Committee traveling around the world staying in 5 star hotels and eating in the finest restaurants with all kinds of lavish accompaniments, trimmings and trappings, while arranging an ideal inspiring sports event to honour peace and world fellowship, not to mention shady deals and pocket lining, for a bunch of type A personality compulsive obsessive alpha predator sports addicts who give their all for national pride, while at the same lining up those commercial contracts and deals, while the host country spends years paying of the debt incurred through running it, money which might have been spent on infrastructure and services of real benefit to the local population. That's what this world really needs: Sports Idealism. (Don't think I'll be catching it.)

No, doesn't do much for me. I don't watch tv often

No interest at all. None for football, etc, either, though.

My boys would watch the snowboarding, though.

Plus, there's the north and south Korea combined team drama.

Right now, I'm avoiding anything that might stress me-including news on #45, so I might skip it.

That is why you should watch the athletes, their stellar performance will just bring a smile of wonderment that the human can do such. The hell with the stress, enjoy the moment of the world's very best.

I see it as entertainment & talent that people do where there isn't any crazy fan drama, people being rude & obnoxious like some other sports. Don't let dumpster take away your power. I think this is the best way other than music where it brings together all nations that enjoy what they do.

@mistymoon77 I guess I'm afraid of watching the Olympics suddenly turn deadly if North Korea becomes offended. I've been through that before.

@birdingnut I hope it doesn't turn ugly. There isn't much entertainment left anymore where there's some sort of messed up drama going on.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22323
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.