Agnostic.com

6 2

QUESTION We All Have a Stake in the Stock Market, Right? Guess Again - The New York Times

Interesting. I didn't know this about the stock market, but there's a lot I don't know.

HippieChick58 9 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nobody listens to me. When I was like 17 or so I told my brother to buy Yahoo stock when it first came out. We/he would have been rich lol

We did a stock portfolio project in college and I made millions upon millions. The only problem is that we all got spotted tons of money to do it lol. The rich get richer.

havent read it but I would think the answer is no

I think we all have a stake as in the fact that it's used as a determining factor with value of the dollar, interest rates ect.

Good post. Shared on FB.

I took all mine out and it's where I can get to it if i need to. All the taxes have been paid. It's making a little bit of interest. I had it in Chase and they made money off it but I didn't. Screw them... I took it out. Now it's as close as I want it...lol.

I have my 401k and my meager little Vanguard account. I will leave things be. Isn't the first time it's dropped and it won't be the last.

I don't keep much money in accounts that do not earn interest.

Yes, I'm a trusting one. Might mean my doom, but oh, well. 🙂

@BlueWave. Well if your employer matches 3 percent or more its worth it.

@BucketlistBob I think it's 3. I hope it is! Even if it was 1%, I'd do it.

I used to

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22405
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.