Agnostic.com

52 8

What do you consider "better than sex?"

This meme reminded me that sex, while important, is just one of many activities that give me joy. A particularly good meal after I've stayed on my diet for a few months. A great piece of music well played. Sailing. . . That's just a small sample of things that are better than sex to me.

EricTrommater 9 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Everything that leads up to sex. And creating.

All's that came to my mind was hunter s Thompson's book called better than sex lol

Being IN a waterfall -- specifically Little River Canyon Falls (see picture). Last July. People jump in from where the water is not flowing over the rocks. One of the VERY best days of my LIFE - totally better than sex!

Delivering our own children a home in our bed with the help of the born children as they became old enough, not only generated a feeling better than coetal sex, but is more replacable over the following thirty or fourty years.

Singing Karaoke well!

Good music, good friends, a long nights party. these all beat good sex. first of all, it can include a lot more people and it's not as sweaty and sticky. the memories of a good meal can be shared in exquisite detail, while great sex is mostly in the experience and that, is not universally understood since "good sex" can mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people. any good sex usually ends in someone cumming. if you've never cum during sex, chances are, it's not that good.

for me. a good album. a good debate. a thrilling documentary (planet earth II anybody?) a brilliant movie. I can watch a movie with anybody and get a real sense of satisfaction regardless of who they are AND it's not gay AND nothing is going up my bum to "make it better".

The sex after sex..

In my opinion, and it probably sounds lame but the build-up to intercourse is usually more exciting and enjoyable than the act itself. Don't get me wrong, sex can be amazing especially with the right person but in most cases the anticipation can overshadow the actual physicality of it. There are countless activities and things that induce the same release of endorphins, adrenaline, and dopamine to your system. It just seems kind of limiting to say nothing is better than sex...but hey to each their own lol.

purple ribbons

Something really good followed by sex

A one liter road race ready motorcycle and enough track open practice to get the bike and myself dialed in. Actually there are many things I like better than sex. Sex is what you do after for relaxation. I call it recovery exercise for the core.

Difficult one. Better than is a difficult concept for me.

There are lots of things I enjoy doing. Do I enjoy them more than sex? Probably whilst I am doing them. Could they replace sex - probably not. Are they better than sex when I'm having sex? No. (with a couple of disastrous exceptions!)

A great bike ride, racing, Mountain biking, a rebuilt engine firing first time. All things that are better than sex at the time. All of which (including sex) would become boring if I did them all the time.

I've got to go with nothing. Contextually many of the listed "better than sex" things are better during or after sex so that gives sex the uh, leg up...if you'll pardon the expression.

Ha! indeed.

Everything in moderation but Video games, food, music, that sore/light high feeling you get after a workout, a good conversation, deep tissue massage are all things that give me comparable pleasure, though not the same. I could have sex twice a day for as long as things still get up, it’s not a necessity, but I do miss the activity.

Not that you're bragging!

@EricTrommater ideally 2 times a day would be minimum

Believe me, I'd love to find something.

More sex!!!

I don't know about being better, but a long, hot shower after working all day is right up there.

.....a second erection?

Cigar after a really good meal!

Sands Level 1 Feb 18, 2018

“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
—Aldous Huxley, attributed

Nothing!

Seconds on Sex. Of course and I am a thirds... greedy kind of guy. I am sorry, I am a simple man with one track mind.

Nothing is better than sex...nothing.

You live in Michigan's smallest city. It brags about it on the sign entering your city. Have you ever thought that, maybe, you just haven't experienced something better than sex? I lived in Au Gres, just north of you for ten years and, yeah sex was about as good as it got there too.

@EricTrommater In defense of my bro here... I was born overseas... lived not only in america but in 3 european countries... In the Navy been on Half of The World... And in the Half I had been in... Sex is still the Best.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Actually, I was born and lived until I was 43 in Ludington, MI...the whorehouse on the lake. I was introduced to the "odd, strange and curious", when I lived there. I never took to "kinky" despite the women of dubious tastes were hell-bent to introduce me to. So, my tastes do not reflect a lack of experience. I just don't get off on BJ's.

@dahermit Like Clinton I don't call a BJ Sex either. I am a Romantic... means Foreplay, Play and Afterplay and Repeat for good measure. Money never exchanging hands, the fact that you were so close to the whorehouse in the lake... screwed your vision of a healthy love life. Just saying.

@GipsyOfNewSpain You are making some assumptions. By "whorehouse" I meant that for a single guy between marriages (seven years), there was plenty of action (willing, available women). Aside from that, you have no idea what someone else's love life is healthy or not...unless you are a sociologist and have studied them.

@dahermit when you recollection of "sex" is whorehouses.... you are identifying yourself with what you know. Not healthy bro... not healthy.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22463
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.