Agnostic.com

8 4

LINK U.S. Budget Deficit Jumps to $100 Billion at Start of Fiscal Year

banking on a 3% growth unicorn while arguing with your creditors. The embedded video is very revealing.

The U.S. recorded a $100.5 billion budget deficit in October, an increase of about 60 percent from a year earlier, as spending grew twice as fast as revenue.

The deficit widened from $63.2 billion in the same month last year, the department said in an emailed statement on Tuesday. October marks the start of the U.S. fiscal year.

Receipts totaled $252.7 billion last month, up 7 percent from a year earlier, while outlays climbed 18 percent to $353.2 billion, according to the department.

A ballooning U.S. budget shortfall -- fueled by tax cuts, spending hikes and an aging population -- is driving the Treasury Department to raise its long-term debt issuance. Waning support for U.S. government debt from the Fed, combined with President Donald Trump’s deficit-boosting tax cuts, are weighing on the debt load that he inherited from Barack Obama.

In Trump’s first full fiscal year that ended in September, the budget gap grew to $779 billion, the highest level since 2012.

Lukian 8 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If he approves the new budget proposal, do you realize that 3.4 billion will only pay for 55 miles of his wall? Imagine what 500 or 1,000 miles of wall will cost!

Trump: "I am the KING of DEBT!"

I really think the "deficit" problem is somewhat misunderstood by the general population. Nevertheless, it is hysterical that it is the Repubs, who have control over every branch of governance who are running it up.

And we the people get nothing for this credit being taken in our name except for tax cuts for the rich that are suppose to "trickle down" like urine onto our heads from the great masters above us.

FYI - I get a page not found error when clicking on the link.

It doesn’t sound like Trump and the Republican party are being particularly fiscally responsible.

It grew to a Trillion, which is 1,000 Billions...

fucking gop and trump are going to bankrupt this country.

I'm pretty liberal but you have to pay your bills. Maxing out your credit card is no way to run a country.

Thanks to the republican tax cuts.
How anyone can still support those assholes is mind-boggling.

It is mind boggling. The level of stupid in this country is hard to fathom.

@Wellspring Actually, and I was no Sanders supporter, the level of corporate welfare in this country is FAR more than ALL the public assistance programs, AND, it is STILL more than if free college, and universal healthcare, were available for every citizen.
So, before you call Bernie supporters "idiots", best to take a look at what's is actually happening already.

@Wellspring No. They are not. Not even close. You can dismiss me all you please, it doesn't make me wrong.

@Wellspring Do the research yourself, if you dare. I did. I used to think like you do, until I educated myself. But hey, keep talking out of your ass if that's what is working for you.

@Wellspring You can say that all day long, but it still doesn't make you right. It just makes you look stupid, and lazy.

@Wellspring

[heritage.org]

[cato.org]

[theamericanconservative.com]

Those are just three that a simple Google search provided links for.
Those are also from fairly conservative sources, so please don't bother claiming that I'm a liberal and only cite liberal sources.

There are more. Find them yourself if you have the wherewithal. I'm not doing any more research for you.

I do my research LONG before I express an opinion on almost anything.
In this case, I started doing the research on this issue 30 years ago.
Corporate welfare isn't anything new, and it is most definitely what has created the biggest economic problems in this country.

Btw, I just checked the thread, and you posted no article.
You are either mistaken, or just a liar.

@Wellspring Why would you assume that I frequent the conservative atheist group? Why would you assume that I would know that was where you posted the article you referred to?

It doesn't matter which administration did anything, ALL corporate welfare is detrimental to the economy. It doesn't help average Americans, contrary to the bullshit both corporations and the government try to tell us.

Why would you even bother bringing up Obama, unless you're trying to make the argument that he's responsible for corporate welfare? Which, if you are, would be completely false, and disingenuous at best. Flat-out intentionally lying, at worst.
Both parties are responsible for the proliferation of corporate welfare, and it goes back decades.

That's the biggest problem with conservatives and liberals. They're both so quick to blame the other for anything and everything, without even bothering to examine the actual history of anything.

You can stop now. You no longer have anything of relevance to offer to this conversation. Bye, now.

@KKGator Gator, you and I often disagree, but I respect the effort you put in to getting facts for yourself.

And thanks for a very amusing experience just now; through reading your half of the conversation, I can work out exactly what the party I have on block is saying.

@Paul4747 LOL You're welcome. Evidently, he's blocked me, because all his responses are gone. Funny how that works. Nearly everyone who has blocked me, has done so after we've debated an issue and I seem to have gotten the better of them.

@KKGator Now that you say that, I just looked over my settings and it's me that he has blocked, I didn't block him. Apparently the same thing happened with him in some debate on my end in the past,

It takes a lot to get on my block list. There was a woman who pursued me from post to post basically calling me a racist and sexist- gone. Another person kept repeating the same things and ignoring everything I said, while accusing me of not addressing their points... which I did in excruciating detail- then said it wasn't worth their time to read my long answer.

I don't block people because they debate me. 😀

@Paul4747 Yeah, I get blocked a lot. I think I only have 3 blocked, myself, and that was because two of them were persistently sexually inappropriate with me, and the other was just plain rude AF and couldn't argue worth a damn. I don't mind getting blocked, fewer assholes to contend with.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:225124
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.