7 6

LINK Neil Gaiman Shuts Down Bill Maher over Disrespectful Stan Lee Comments

More people cared about Stan Lee’s death than care about Bill Maher alive.
-Neil Gaiman

TRUTH!

By TheMiddleWay
Options Favorite Like

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence, and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy

Create your free account

7 comments

I haven't heard of that, (I don't watch Maher's show) but it wouldn't surprise me in the least...

Dylan1983 Level 5 Dec 1, 2018

Neil spoke the truth. Stan Lee impacted generations. Bill will be forgotten once his show is cancelled.

Infoguy211 Level 8 Nov 20, 2018

Oh, Bill. he pisses me off sometimes. He pushes it sometimes. He has given me fits over jokes about women. He is a very intelligent and funny attention whore. Many children that would not read, read graphic novels. Many smart but lonely children read them too. Stan was a story man for the well-loved Spiderman and many others. People in art should me celebrated. I think the stereotyping of smart people buying comic books as kids has a grain of truth.

alanalorie Level 7 Nov 19, 2018

Why mock a dead man, his work and his fans when he did nothing to harm anyone and brought joy to so many? I wonder who Mahr thinks he is and how important he must perceive his talk show host status that he's throwing rocks at Stan Lee.

I've seen Mahr maybe twice while at other people's houses, I've been enjoying Stan Lee's creations consistently since I was four years old. This was simply a dick move against a dead man who did nothing to deserve it.

KissedbySun Level 7 Nov 19, 2018

Aw, poor Bill, was no one paying attention to you?

purcascade Level 5 Nov 18, 2018

Bill Maher just says things for attention.

Chestnut Level 1 Nov 18, 2018

Neil is so brilliant.

whispers Level 7 Nov 18, 2018

One of the greatest writers of our generation IMO... which speaks highly of the "childish" medium of comics/graphic novels...

@TheMiddleWay Exactly...he's also a great supporter of public libraries, which shows what a good person he is. He knows it may mean less book sales for him, but he believes in access for everyone.

Write Comment
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer
  • Agnostic.comis the largest non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others happy without religion!