Agnostic.com

16 1

POLL Do you celebrate Christmas?

Do you celebrate Christmas? If yes, how and why?

• 17 votes
  • 10 votes
Diogenes1972 6 Nov 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hoping you'll do a poll about all the other religious holidays out of curiosity (or maybe I will) Easter would be a fun one: "It's not about the rebirth of christ, I love chocolate eggs, bunnies and being with people" or maybe as simple as "I go to church regularly, not for the religious part but to meet people and see friends." Perhaps it's just "I'll go to any party" 🙂

lerlo Level 8 Dec 10, 2018

Food and family. Gifts for children.

No celebration. It's a paid day off work. That makes me happy because work is only closed 4 days a year.

I cook, eat and spend time with my family. Being with my family is the Celebration part.

Yes.... How? Drink, eat, dance..... Why? Because I can

It's all about the lights man!

Yes, I celebrate Christmas without the Christ . . . I like having a Christmas tree and listening to Charlie Brown's Christmas and visiting with friends and family for about two weeks every year. I go get a Christmas tree around December 10th and it comes down the day after Christmas. When I was married and my kids were young, I spent a lot of on presents. Now I tend to make most of the presents I give.

i'm jewish. i never did celebrate christmas. i've been to people's christmas parties. i wasn't celebrating christmas; i was celebrating a chance to be with my friends, drink eggnog and have fun.

g

I reluctantly participate but I don't celebrate.

We do the tree, lights, food and fun. The holidays are about family for me. There’s absolutely nothing religious about it.

I celebrate because people I love and respect celebrate. For me, it's simply a time for family, friends, and food. Lots and lots of food.

I love to celebrate the mid winter on the shortest day. For the, some times, loveliness of winter itself, and for the knowledge of what the returning sun will bring. You can decorate the house with evergreens, go for a winter wall, especially with friends, and of course feast. It does not even have to be the pre-Christian pagan festival, but just something more simple about the wobble of the earth, without which most of the northern hemisphere would not be livable. You will only see the seasons maybe fifty times as an adult, you need to make the most of your chances.

I celebrate Christmas enthusiastically. I have the good fortune to live in the midst of a very close, loving, non-manipulative family, and a large circle of dear friends. I enjoy everything about the holidays, and do what I can to make sure my people all enjoy themselves, too.

Deb57 Level 8 Nov 19, 2018

Yes but only for my son. I do not do anything though no tree or presents from me. I allow him to go to family that practices it, but i told him that it does not celebrate the birth of jesus since he would have been born in spring.

As an atheist, I celebrate Christmas in a non-religious way. No nativity scene or Christmas tree.

Instead, I make a great meal for family members. Set the table beautifully. We exchange wrapped gifts.

Decorate with a Victorian village on the table, dolls made by my great aunts and uncles, and a Santa collection.

Family, food and company, those are not only the most important things, but also the deep and meaning full things.

Yes, but for us it's never been about religion. I've never been to church with my parents. It was just an excuse to get together and enjoy the fun parts of the holiday. We get a tree, give presents, go see lights, have xmas dinner, and that's about it.

Remi Level 7 Nov 19, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:226355
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.