Agnostic.com

4 0

How many of you will moderate?

I just reached level six and found out I can help moderate comments. I have no interest in moderating comments. I wouldn't censor even the most vile of comments. I prefer to let them stand so everyone knows what type of person they are.
Does anyone actually help to moderate comments (whatever that entails)?
Why, and where do you draw the line before you do?

Alone 6 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

moderation should only be done in moderation.

g

I do and I appreciate it being a feature. Basic defense against robots and trolls is necessary for any sort of social place on the internet. It just doesn't work otherwise.

MsAl Level 8 Nov 19, 2018

And if you don't take any action, someone else can. I don't think it is mandatory for any specific one of us to do it.

Once in a while you will just see comments of persons at lower levels, and you will be given a choice to approve their post or not. It is no big deal.

It is part of how the site keeps robots, trolls, spammers and haters from taking over the site. It's just a simpel mouse click every once in a great while. I have only had to "approve" about 10-12 comments over the last six months. It's not tht hard.

That's not all there is to moderating, any higher level member can do that.

@nvrnuff no, that's not all there is to moderating a group. The OP I specifically talking about the comment moderation "ability" that opens up at level 6, though...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:226586
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.