Agnostic.com

28 4

Can someone be religious and scientific at the same time?

Can someone be religious and scientific at the same time? I have never felt the need to understand what happens after death when there are still so many mysteries to be solved here on Earth while we are alive 🙂 BUT when I do think about how many people are religious it makes me think they are all either brainwashed from childhood or they are super depressed with their lives and just hope that there is something else out there better for them after they die BUT either way the more you study different fields of Science the more unlikely it seems that there is really anything after life other than your "energy" changing states but your consciousness is gone 🙂

CraigPeterson 4 Oct 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes I think to be good at either you need to have at least a lite understanding of the other for spiritualism and science where in ancient times the same and practiced only among the initiated now it is finnally free to the masses and the free knowledge scares them...but together a powerful weapon is in your arsenal

My father was a Southern Baptist minister and to his credit, wasn't form fitting in many regards. He believed in the sciences, observation, testing, etc. He explained most of the Bible in symbolistic and metaphorical ways, but he was a believer. Regarding science, he said it's just the way God operates.

The whole idea of God is that you have to believe, have blind faith. He seemed content with this view.

my friend's an astro physicist and he says in his office there are a few devout people plus reading chris Hadfield's book he shows a few astronauts, including some who've been in space, are devout

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2267
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.