Agnostic.com

29 1

Can an atheist be happy for the future

I have been an atheist for nearly 15 years and thought to myself are non believers more open to depression knowing there is no afterlife religious people don't seem to as much

Boltonguard160 4 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I can be happy. I make the best of the life I have here instead of waiting for a very childish place like Heaven and trying to rush my way through this one.

Yes! Atheists have lots to look forward to. Exploring the unknown is one of the meanings of life. Not knowing but going to find out is a thrilling experience. One that you can do daily no matter how mundane the task. See local theater, attend conventions, network, make friends. There is no reason an atheist should be lonely just because they no longer attend church. End excommunication. Life doesn't end when you break up with God. You start seeing someone else. You know, someone who actually resides in time and space.

It is a delightfully fresh new beginning

Yes that is what most rational logical people think with Cheeto in charge. Look t thebluw wave in 2018

well, thats why there is religion partly and partly to dominate and rule the masses. trust me I have thought a few times in my life about the subject of dying and been scared shitless. there are two things however you must think of. one is you can't do fuck all about it so why worry and two is you really won't care after woulds because it will feel like it did before you existed or while you were under a general anaesthetic. like being asleep without dreaming.

You will be dead but you will not know you are dead, forever.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22723
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.