Agnostic.com

9 0

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While this may have been unconstitutional. With pences influence on Trump, the new religious freedom act or what ever they are calling it now will protect private organizations "right to be bigoted". These new bills being introduced actually protect bigotry under the guise of "not forcing businesses form going against their religious values." So now evidently private organizations and businesses are persons and have "religious values."

Blatantly against fair housing rules.

Flip side, avoid area like plague, crazy Christians are there! Keeping them together makes it easier to avoid them.

Ah yea. A bright side to it.

I am more worried about it expanding to where they only allow "Christians" to buy homes everywhere someday.

it is privately owned.

Good idea, lets build a lot of Christian settlements and build walls around them. Non-religious can patrol and keep the inhabitants from escaping. I'll sign up for guard duty.

stupid is as stupid does

I doubt that this is legitimate news and would certainly be unconstitutional and would not hold up in court.

I know it`s wrong but be honest, would any of us want to live there?

Wow, that's a throwback.

Interesting argument, "we don't discriminate against anything you can't change". I would argue that you can't honestly change a belief simply by willing it into existence; your beliefs, if held with integrity, are simply a result of what you know / understand and unless new knowledge or understanding presents itself you can't change them.

What he's saying is that you should just pretend to be a Christian by participating in Christian rituals and practices so that you can live there.

I do not think that you can legally restrict property ownership and residency based on ideology, that's really the core issue here.

I believe a court would have little effort to throw this one out even with na conservative court.

Wow. I really hope the Courts put a stop to this. It's the 21st Century for cryin' out loud!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22838
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.