Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Arlo Guthrie’s “Alice’s Restaurant”: the story behind the Thanksgiving staple - Vox

Happy Thanksgiving to all who enjoy this song and everyone else too.

Mark013 7 Nov 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I vacationed in the Berkshires in western Mass. a few years ago and, in addition to more popular tourist destinations (Norman Rockwell Museum, Tanglewood), I made the pilgrimage to all the sites associated with the song: The “scene of the crime (littering),” the courthouse where the hearing took place, and, of course, the actual restaurant, now with a new name. No more Alice ...

The Group W bench guys are my peeps.

Thanks for posting this. I haven't listened to the whole thing for probably 25 years!

Awesome!

Great song, just goes on for about 15 mins more than it need. If you can get anything you want from Alice’s Restaurant, how about a 3.5 minute edit!

Not so much a song as a story told with a musical background, still good though.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:228721
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.