Agnostic.com

6 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read an article about this tribe and their island home several months ago. There are many warnings to not go there. Apparently this Christian ministry person ignored them.
Therein lies the lesson. Don't cross the street to fuck with people when they are seriously not interested in you. Religious devotees simply do not understand this. There is a woman in this complex who a judge has ordered to not tell another woman (a neighbor) about religion, Christ or God. Religious woman stated it is her right to spread the word and the judge flat out told her NO IT IS NOT when it comes to accosting her neighbor. geez, SMH.

Certainly an imbecile....but he thought he was doing god’s work and he probably thought that god would protect him. Hard way to learn that god doesn’t exist, but natural selection has notched up a victory....one less idiot in the breeding pool.

Hes done more damage than get himself killed. He has exposed the tribe, who disdains outside contact,into the public light. This usually portends a rush of ill-intentioned individuals, either thrill seeking as extreme tourist to see "primative peoples" in the wild, or a rash of ill-intentioned missionaries to finish what the 27 year old fool statred.

@Sealybobo If not previously, now going forward

I’m always appalled to realize that missionaries still exist. For centuries, they were the agents of imperialism, as much a tool of conquest as any soldier or conquistador. Showing up at someone’s doorstep with the message that you are ignorant; that your way of looking at the world is wrong; that your way of life, which may have sustained you for thousands of years, is evil; and that we have nothing to learn from you, but you must receive “the truth” from us, is destructive, disrespectful and demeaning. I need to keep more arrows by my front door ...

So now he gets to meet his Jesus.

A previous FFRF convention had a speech by a former missionary who went to a tribe in S. America. He wanted to study and learn their language (he also brought his family) and bring Jesus. He found the tribe did not want Jesus and that they didn't need Jesus. In the end he became an atheist and wrote a book, "Don't Sleep, there are Snakes."

Hihi Level 6 Nov 22, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:228811
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.