Agnostic.com

9 2

Anyone Here Good With Windows PC Software Issues Specifically HP?

I need Help!!!!!

I bought this new HP Spectre 15.6 inch Laptop for myself recently. I love the computer but the mouse pad is sooo senative that I find myself selecting things by mistake.....which leads me to my problem:

I was attempting to create recovery disc for this laptop and accidently selected to remove the "D" drive which contains the Back up Partition Drive...... HELP!!! SOS!!!

twshield 8 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good to know we have computer geeks on board! 😉

I'm no help here, but I DO know that you can turn that little touch pad off. I hate those things. Get a wireless mouse and call it good. I hope you get your problem sorted! Sounds like a few people here know how to help

I've seen some people tape over their finger pad with cardboard & just use a mouse .

Dougy Level 7 Feb 11, 2018

This may work
Type 'Recovery Drive' in the search box at the bottom left. Click on the app that shows up. This should start up Recovery Media Creator.
Perhaps you can save the files that are created to a D drive partition that you created using the Disk Manager function.

Try ScienceBikers suggestion FIRST!

There should be a hotkey combination to restart you computer and restore it to factory settings. Doing this will erase all data, so be forewarned. You can try system restore as well, although I can't remember if that will actually restore a partition.

The D: drive is usually the DVD drive!! Are you sure you deleted the backup (as in factory reset, not really a backup) partition? If I am in error and you did delete there are some utilities that can restore it. Just don't attempt to save data to the drive until you 'undelete' it. (Partition Commander, etc)
All else fails, recreate a new backup partition - note that the only safe place for a true backup is on a different hard drive, flash drive, DVD, or other media - not on the same drive.

@twshield Ah, yes I'm still using old equipment...So some empathy; the very first thing I do with any laptop is disable the touchpad and plug in a mouse...

So it still works okay and boots up? It's just the backup that's toast. Not the end of the world, right?

When you get things going again, check out this mouse, it's 15$ and it's fantastic:

[amazon.com]

Did it actually delete the D partition?

@twshield you can adjust the touch pad sensitivity in settings

Seems you should be able to remap the drive.
The partition is still there, just not the map to it.
Do youtube or google search for map drive instructions

Well.... might be S.O.L.
[support.hp.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:22972
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.