Agnostic.com

8 1

Is Humanist.com the same as Agnostic.com?

I learned about Humanist.com in a response to a comment to a post on here (I am on Agnostic.com). I hadn't heard of it before.

I checked it out and found the same threads and even found my own responses.

Are we automatically a part of both sites? Just wondering how it works. I could have missed something. Did everyone else already know about this? [humanist.com]

Added after edit ⬇️
OK found it in the settings..interesting, I like it, just didn't know.

MsAl 8 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I identify more with being a humanist than agnostic, but am technically both. I don't mind being on both sites, but I prefer the color scheme of Agnostic than Humanist, so here I'll stay for my reading/commenting. I know I can likely change it, but don't really feel so inclined.

I thought about changing my status on one site and not the other (open to dating or not) but found any changes I make on one affects the other.

With the option of excluding a profile on one or the other, I worry that I might be missing out on meeting some wonderful people who exclude their profile on one or the other, so I guess I'll have to pop in to the Humanist site once in a while to see if I'm missing something. For that reason, I'd encourage all members to just allow themselves to be found on either site, so they are interchangeable.

Interesting.

They basically use teh saem database and are run by the same people.

You'd have to read the posts in the "Community Senate" to see it mentioned, but yes they are basiclly the saem with just a slightly different emphasis.

I knew about it. I don't like it. And opting out doesn't work.
[rest of profanity-laced comment removed by self]

Didn't know this. I would have thought there's such a huge crossover it's not worth two sites. I will amend my settings, don't want my stuff somewhere else 🙂

Thanks for posting. You have taught me something because I did not know this before.

Wasn’t aware of it. I am both, but will just stay put here.

Yes, here I am responding from Humanist.com. I don't mind being associated with humanism it's just not necessarily the same thing...
Wait is everyone else on here from Humanist.com and not aware of Agnostic.com?...

MsAl Level 8 Nov 24, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:230152
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.