Agnostic.com

4 2

Any other self-employed people here? What online platforms are best for your business and why?

I use Google My Business a lot. It's easy to set up and so when people do a search for "violin lessons" they can easily find not only my site with all the info, but a map with an address and contact information.

I use Facebook pages and groups to advertise my services. Some of the buy and sell groups, for example, are great for selling stuff.

But mostly I use Craigslist. It's the most reliable online service for selling my products and services.

GuitarDoctor 7 Nov 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I use Facebook a lot (pages, groups, buy and sell pages, and their business services). Also Kijiji, which is like Craigslist.

Recently, I was told someone got a lot more business since getting on Instagram. I figure it wouldn't hurt so my business is on there now too.

Get together with other businesses in your area and make a local directory and hub website. It worked well for the group I am with.

Interesting
I use facebook and LinkedIn.

I'm on LinkedIn but it doesn't do anything for me. I tried participating in various groups and posting stuff to my profile page, but I get more responses from Faceberg

@celticagent I have made quite a few business connections with LinkedIn. It has worked for me

@confidentrealm it's just not set up for musicians. In fact, it's pretty useless as there's no way to share recordings, music or other information. The best place for musicians is Soundcloud.com but it sucks as a social networking site. They've really dropped the ball on that. They could have been a Spotify for musicians but they screwed the pooch 😟 It's still a great site for sharing music though.

@celticagent I'm sure you can upload video to LinkedIn but you might be right about the network. What type of music do you play? Do you have a website?

@confidentrealm I'm classically trained. I played bluegrass for 3 decades before going to Ireland and learning how to fiddle. Now I play mostly ceilidh music (traditional dance music from Ireland and Scotland) for weddings and private events.

Not me.. I do volunteer work... No advertising necessary...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:230180
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.