Agnostic.com

6 0

Religion..should it matter

I hate religion in any shape or form...beliefs are optional...I believe in myself and my thoughts that have shaped my life...I have always believed in me and the way I, and I alone have shaped my life, good or bad....there has been no fate or deja vu or any other entity in my life...no ghosts or gremlins have interfered in my life...but is this true of anyone else....does religion matter to you...or do you have your own kinks that matter to you...

James121 7 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It only matters to me because of it's negative impact on humanity.

As a nullifidian, I share your loathing. Religions, on the whole, are designed to subjugate. To elevate, honor or even recognize religion as worthy of a seat at any table, is to unfurl a flag of truce.

In so much that it is ruining people's lives, diverting them from reality... And enabling "believers" to fuck up others (children, recruits) to their cults, yes.

Religion does not matter to me.

Religions are mostly human constructs to get control over populations.

The GOP takes full advantage of this..scoring an obedient voter base through the alt-right religious fanatics.

The word "mostly" should be removed from your first sentence. ALL religions are human constructs.

@DenoPenno The "mostly" was meant to describe the purpose of the religious constructs..not only for getting control of populations, but to feed their egos, etc.

It matters that it screws people's heads and emotions and keeps them from loving and caring for the pure sake of caring, instead of for a punisher that tortures while being touted as a god of love?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23026
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.