Agnostic.com

10 0

Why can't I stop worring about everything

wavey48 4 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think it can become a habit and even a little addictive. Identifying a problem and coming up with a plan to deal with that problem is what happens to me.
Sometimes I'll be playing some music and I'll think I'm rubbish or I'll notice a mistake. I will then obsessively practice that bit until I've got it right.
I guess it depends how much the worrying is impacting on your life. Mindfulness training may help?

The bigger question is, why should you be different to anybody else. In fact when you stop worrying a bit perhaps you could take some of mind. Please, please, pretty please? James

Leon Level 5 Feb 11, 2018

Perhaps it's just a case of prioritising. Sometimes the little things really don't matter as much as you let them. But it's also about learning to have or develope a 'shit happens' mentality. It could also be about learning to relax and breath, a clear mind will usually find solutions, a stressed one won't.

My wife used to worry.Id say to her " lets sort the problem out first .If we can't sort it then worry about it."We have never not solved our problems,hence no need to worry "

Because everything is a lot to think about

Quotes :

"worrying is using your imagination to create things you don't want"

"what worries you, masters you"

"worry never robs tomorrow of it's sorrow, it only saps today of it's joy"

"no amount of worry can solve a problem"

" 95% of things worried about, never happen "

AND - if you change "can't", to "won't" , it will be clear it's a choice.

I don't know why....but a shrink would help.

Meditation has helped me with that.

The left hemisphere of the brain is the side that worries..also it's the side with female traits, so it's a female trait. Most males don't worry about much, unless they have a lot of female traits, then they can become fussy and worriers.

To get in your right hemisphere, do things only the right side can do..do art, play music, go for a walk outside, ride a bike, play with your dog, do things you love to do, etc.

People say CBD oil will calm the mind, and is legal most places, since it's the part of cannabis without THC.

I bet left handed females don't worry so much.

@DUCHESSA Men are 23% more likely to be left-handed than women, so it might be associated with male hormones somehow. Dunno.

@birdingnut My comment was based on the fact the left handed people (myself) are "ruled" by the right side of the brain.

worry only hurts you and helps nothing. you can do something about it and I think you should ie get some professional help.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23073
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.