Agnostic.com

8 1

Is it silly to be nervous about your first message to someone on here?

I feel silly. I'm a grown human being... talking is one of our only real advantages as a species. That and the whole thumb thing.

Maddragoon 6 Nov 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, not silly.

One of the best things I've discovered about dealing with anything that might make me a bit trepidacious, is to think on what is the worst possible thing that can result from my action ? And then really think it through to it's most ridiculous conclusions. I end up being amused and more likely to give it shot !

So what might happen if you message someone here ? They don't respond at all ? They post, telling everyone you're an asshole ? They tell you to fuck off ? They track you down somehow and hire a kill-for-hire guy ? What ? None of these are likely - right ?

Meanwhile remember - if you do nothing , the answer is always no. Go for it !

no.

MsAl Level 8 Nov 25, 2018

Just be yourself. Making contact with each other is important.

Nervous might make more sense with respect to a first private message with a love interest. But that's not what I'm here for, and I carry on probably way too much, with zero anxiety.

On social media there's really very little at stake. It's a good environment to experiment with ideas.

Lead with the thumb thing. That'll break the ice.

Not if you message me

No need to be nervous. Speak your mind and enjoy the responses.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:231077
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.