Agnostic.com

8 7

Anyone else interested in sustainable living?

I like off grid tiny houses, domes, house boats, sustainable energy RVs, etc., and collect links to them.

Three examples:

Self-sustaining BioEnergy Domes Produce Organic Veggies, Fish and Energy! [inhabitat.com]

Smart Trailer Unfolds Into a Two-Bedroom Tiny House [apartmenttherapy.com]

Solar-Powered Expandable Eco Dwellings - Your Home Of The Future?: [offgridquest.com]

birdingnut 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Have set up a group for this, seems there is quite a bot of interest. No idea what to do now, but the group is there "Grassroots Sustainability."

Yes, it is what drives me. I was considering creating a group on here for it.
I did the hippie commune thing 30 years ago out in the bush. I moved into current house 5 years at the end of May 2018, and we have a 5 year plan to make it completely self sufficient. We do most of the work ourselves but at the very end will be some that we need an electrician for. Just putting finishing touches to a solar powered aquaponics setup, we have edible landscaping, massive surplus of produce, we currently use 110 litres of town water per day, this is normally a high rainfall area, but we are in a rain shadow, in process of designing a solar still to provide drinking water. There is something extremely satisfying about being self sufficient.

I would be very interested in reading your share of your project.

yes, absolutely.

my favorite in australia so far has been an old 22ft caravan. it was situated in the bush, very close to a creek with a natural swimming pool - occasionally i'd even glimpse a platypus in it. in regards to energy there was regrettably nothing sustainable about it, but i watered a patch of banana plants with the non-contaminated grey-water, & i established my own veggie patch the organic farming way.

i love to be self-reliant as far as possible.

Yes indeed - I just found out about this:-
it has to be the way forward
[brightonpermaculture.org.uk]

I used to have a co-op farm with my neighbors before I sold my house. I also hunted and fished for good a lot during that time. I'd love to go back off grid.

Im very interested in this field, and am shifting my life around to work in it. Amazing potential, and a viable way to continue our existence on the planet.

I have only one word at this time: WANT

Bit of a dream for me at the moment.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.