Agnostic.com

8 2

Would You Take The Pro-Truth Pledge @ ProTruthPledge.org ?

Frustrated by misinformation and incivility in public discourse?

Take the Pro-Truth Pledge to encourage politicians – and everyone else – to commit to truth-oriented behaviors and protect facts and civility. Join 5464 signers, 52 organizations, 102 government officials, and 383 public figures and take the pledge, demand that your elected representatives do so, and encourage your friends to take it!

📧 Pledge is posted in Comments below 📧

Watch Member of US Congress Beto O'Rourke (TX) take the Pro-Truth Pledge to and make a public commitment to truth,

🎞 [facebook.com] 🎞

and take the pledge yourself at💻 [protruthpledge.org] 💻

if you want to fight misinformation and incivility. Thank him for taking it, and please SHARE this video!

The Atheist Alliance of America , (A.A.o.A.) has also taken the Pledge . Feel Free to ask questions !

Dougy 7 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I fully support that concept and actively teach it to all those I encounter.

Over 5.5K signers say the same thing . If you haven't been contacted as of yet , look us up on Facebook under "Intentional Insights Insiders". We are a group of fact checkers that are making progress with returning the Truth to the Public , Media , & our Political Sciences .

This is a serious faction that "is" making progress "Globally".

I took the pledge

Took the pledge

Done!

Welcome to PTP ! "Intentional Insights Insiders on Facebook is the main goto place for a lot of pledge takers , in addition to a few PTP Advocacy groups .
If you haven't been contacted yet , look "Gleb Tspursky" from OSU Columbus Ohio , or his life partner Agnes Vishnevkin . It's a very intellectually stimulating environment .
For more information about Dr. Tspursky & his goals with the global project , he has a newsletter-blog on Patheos.com @

[patheos.com]
&
[patheos.com]

As long as there's no bible involved.

JimG Level 8 Feb 11, 2018

No bible 👍

"Intentional Insights Insiders on Facebook is the main goto place for a lot of pledge takers , in addition to a few PTP Advocacy groups . If you haven't been contacted yet , look "Gleb Tspursky" from OSU Columbus Ohio , or his life partner Agnes Vishnevkin . It's a very intellectually stimulating environment . For more information about Dr. Tspursky & his goals with the global project , he has a newsletter-blog on Patheos.com @

[patheos.com]
&
[patheos.com]

I Pledge My Earnest Efforts To:

Share Truth

~Verify: fact-check information to confirm it is true before accepting and sharing it
~Balance: share the whole truth, even if some aspects do not support my opinion
~Cite: share my sources so that others can verify my information
~Clarify: distinguish between my opinion and the facts

Honor Truth

~Acknowledge: acknowledge when others share true information, even when we disagree otherwise
~Reevaluate: reevaluate if my information is challenged, retract it if I cannot verify it
~Defend: defend others when they come under attack for sharing true information, even when we disagree otherwise
~Align: align my opinions and my actions with true information

Encourage Truth

~Fix: ask people to retract information that reliable sources have disproved even if they are my allies
~Educate: compassionately inform those around me to stop using unreliable sources even if these sources support my opinion
~Defer: recognize the opinions of experts as more likely to be accurate when the facts are disputed
~Celebrate: celebrate those who retract incorrect statements and update their beliefs toward the truth

[protruthpledge.org]

Dougy Level 7 Feb 11, 2018

Thanks for posting this part. I've been doing my best to do this stuff for years anyway, so I figured I might as well sign.

Well thanks for signing @ElizabethI & welcome to PTP ! We have a Facebook group called "Intentional Insights Insiders" . There , you'll meet others who have also signed the pledge & post about fact checking , fake news , critical thinking , & how to speak to those who do not listen to the facts , using the psychological & social sciences . It's very educational & a worthwhile effort .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23239
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.