Agnostic.com

22 4

What matters more? Character vs. Personality

Personalities though important I can't wholly depend on them to determine if a person is right for me.

For example, all because a person is optimistic or introverted doesn't necessarily mean he's kind, respectful or honest (character traits).

So what matters to you more? Personality or Character?

Personally, the are both important but I seek a man with good character: I.e reliability.

taemaria27 5 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Character. Personality gets you elected regardless of the lack of character. Just look around and you'll see it everywhere. It's not just an issue in the White House! The Good 'ol Boys' are everywhere.

Good observation.

Character is very important to this man. Anyone can act out a personality but when push comes to shove the true character of a person shines through. I much rather have someone in my life who has my confidence in their character than a person who has a pleasing personality.

I do not define character independent of personality. To me, they are intertwined. Reliability is not character, but is a behavior pattern.

Character is a winner.

I agree with you and for the same reasons.

Personality is important but character is certainly more so. Personality defines the groove and character defines the depth.

I like that.

I say character for sure. Someone having a fun personality that draws attention isn't necessarily a good partner. Just speaking from experience... I'd much rather be with someone "boring" who's intrinsically faithful and is genuinely a good person. That deeper trust and respect is so much more important. Besides we can make our own fun as we go.

Character, hands down. Yes, personality is certainly a compatibility factor, but character is who they are deep down. Personalities can change circumstantially.

a person with good character is the most important to me. That really cuts to the core of who that person is, and whether or not they hold any value to me.

Personality is a superficial trait,but a persons character is more Indicative of an individuals morality.

They seem about the same to me. I used to be a psychologist so I think personality matters more. I like someone that is open-minded, trusting, likes to be around several good friends, dependable and shows affection. People that have good emotional I.Q. (they can say they are sorry, see their part in a problem, in touch with their feelings), are a must for me.

Character. Hands down. I hate the cult of personality we've become.

Character.

Many of the truly shitty people I have dealt with are charming when they want to be. People that don't know them well think they are great.

Character is more important to me, the world in general seems to prefer personality.

On a very personal level, I would say character but character isn't enough to get you ahead in the big scheme of things. You need either talent or personality.Character has little to do with it. Just look at Donald Trump. His character didn't get him where he is today.

Character

It's got to be a wee bit of both. I have a friend who is loving, caring, and kind, but she's such a downer. Her actions and deeds are kind and loving but her words are dark and depressing. It's hard to be around her.

I have a friend like that and it can be mentally exhausting to always have to build them up

Both count about the same for me, though I tend to be drawn to people who ARE characters !

I think character is the most important thing, the lack of character is what you ended my relationships. the inability to compromise is another quality I look for and also it is important to have many common interests. If you don't have common interests you I think relationships tend to fall apart.

dc65 Level 7 Feb 11, 2018

Con men must have a charming personality. they are witty, funny and attractive, but their character is a disaster.

I like personalities that are characters.

Both are intertwined and malleable at certain points in time. They change as you grow and I don't think anyone can really see either one anywhere near as well as they might think they can.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23326
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.