Agnostic.com

2 1

QUESTION Hiding `Girlie' Magazines Isn't a Sign You Can't Trust Him

Rediscovered a forgotten love.

“If the world were a logical place, men would ride side saddle” Rita Mae Brown (there is actually a site for this.)

Going through a stack of “save” materials I came across a column from a person I once greatly admired and respected and whose column I loved to read, Jennifer James. At one time she even honored me by replying to several letters I wrote. She was (and still is) a famous local social anthropologist and whose biography is unique to say the least. She wrote of her garden "“My garden provides endless joy,” she says. “Maybe I go too far when I dream of becoming compost someday, right here.”

I also discovered a column she wrote on overpopulation. I understand her feelings, I have been there many times.
[community.seattletimes.nwsource.com]

JackPedigo 9 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Once the PI and the Times production became one in 1983 I sort of stopped reading either paper. Hearst Publications ran the PI into the ground and tho the editorial section of each paper was to be separate everyone know the joint operating agreement was the death knell for the PI. Oops way off topic. I have said we need a good old pandemic to thin the herd.

You are off topic but it actually spoke to me. I was also an avid PI person and was upset when they went virtual. I have gotten used to the Times and from reading about their mission is see a fostering of self-criticism and social awareness seldom found in major papers. I will often walk to the village and get the Sunday edition.

Interesting perspective. Men being more visual like the pictures, I like what is referred to as Erotica. For me, it comes down to how are you treating me, how is our relationship? To each his or her own.

Not all men are the same and that goes for women. My first wife would actually bring sex films home (this was before computers). She was bi-polar and it seems she had an excess of testosterone (she was Italian descent and had a bit more body hair - a uni brow which she had to constantly pluck).

@JackPedigo You were married to Frieda Calough? Oh forgot, she was Mexican. She didn't seem to be concerned by her uni brow; my unsophisticated opinion is that she enhanced it in her paintings.

And religion warps everything, including sex, which is a "dirty" act, supposedly.

@JackPedigo It's early in the morning, an' that's my excuse for not being able to spell "Frieda Kahlo"- at least I got the first two letters right.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23354
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.