Agnostic.com

29 6

Is anyone else grossed out by cleaning bathrooms, including your own?!

I know it’s probably laughable, but one place I absolutely dread cleaning are bathrooms, including my own sometime lol.

EmeraldJewel 7 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nah, I'm a nurse..nothing really grosses me out these days

That sounds like a challenge.

You have my admiration

@PolyWolf Things shock and upset me like mindless violence, racism, hatred of any sort. Grossed out though...no. I could share stories but its not appropriate amongst a non-healthcare population

@Amisja I know, was just teasing. I'm sure you could outlast me. I've read the medical gross stuff reddit. Hwarf.

I cleaned public park bathrooms in high school. It’s my superpower.

When I remember that the minerals in the human body are excreted with urine and deposited on the surface of the toilet bowl, I feel sick. I realize that it's my everything, but I can't clean. It's wet, it's disgusting, and it smells. As a result, a urine plaque is forming, which has a grayish-yellow color and emits an unpleasant odor that drives me crazy. I just ordered [gotenancycleaning.com] and asked for it all to be removed. I try to keep it clean and wash the floor, but this dirt gets smeared all over the floor, and it pisses me off. I have changed rags and mops, and the result is the same.

Nah, I’m a neat freak, it’s always clean. You could eat in mine.

Yah it's a nasty job sometimes. But one thing nastier than cleaning bathrooms is not cleaning bathrooms. Lol

YES!! I live alone so I’m pretty much the only one who uses it. I’m not a filthy pig. Yet I still gag every time I have to clean it!

Thank you, I thought it was just me!

Shows your nose still works where to cover up droppings and pee in the litter box of Americans

It doesn't bother me. I like the end result. Oooh shiny. ?

Well there is an alternative

Oh my!!! Yuck!

Not a laughing matter, I've actually seen something similar in a Womens' Toilet when I was cleaning them ages ago.

@Triphid You and me both ?

@EmeraldJewel So do you still not want to clean your bathroom? ?

I actually do enjoy cleaning bathrooms. I won't say it's particularly beautiful or inspiring or anything, but it reminds me of simpler times in my life, like when I was paid to clean bathrooms. 😀 (Used to be a general cleaner for cottages and things like that.)

When it gets time to clean the bathroom, I move🙂

Hahaha!

I'd might be grossed out cleaning someone else's, but my own? No, not my own. It has to be done. So I just get it doen and don't think about any grossness.

Cleaging tip. If you clean while naked you dont' get your clothes all dirty, and clean the shower last and cleanign yourself up is really easy right after you are done.

I’ve gotten used to using gloves to clean everything.. plenty of those on hand.
Being an RN, I’ve seen much worse than my boys bathrooms.

It's less stressful when I clean it after myself.

Clorox toilet bowl cleaner clinging bleach gel.....once a week let it work overnight, problem solved.... you're welcome

Kind of off topic, y'know I've always noticed that ladies public restroom were messier than the men's after a days use, maybe just my perception

I once did a 'stand in' cleaning job for a friend who was extremely unwell for a few months.
That job was cleaning the Public Toilets at a couple of Shopping Centers around town, I found that despite the ideologies that women need and desire cleanliness the Public Toilets used by women are by far and without a shadow of a doubt are the Grossest, most Disgusting, Filthy places I have ever had the utter misfortune to have entered.
Every morning and late evening I would enter them to clean them only to find excrement scattered liberally around them, on the toilet seats, walls, etc, bins for sanitary items empty and the floors around them almost covered with the items that SHOULD have been in the bins, urine literally sprayed up walls of the cubicles, on the floors, doors and seats, not to even mention the foul, disgusting graffiti scrawled everywhere the stench alone would be enough to make a make a vulture throw up its stomach contents.
Yet the male toilets were, except on the vary RARE occasions, clean, neat and tidy with just the few spots of missed 'aim' around the urinals.
I might add here, that AFTER the first 2 days I took to wearing a surgical mask with a few drops of Oil of Wintergreen on it to assist in 'disguising' the foul stench everytime I had to clean the Womens' Toilets.

Ugh! That sounded like a nightmare to me!

I was in the Army. Cleaning the latrine was routine. Not a problem here.

Yes, I completely agree. Im single and live alone so usually by the time that I get around to cleaning my bathroom, its kind of gross! Lol

Nope. My favorite place alive. ...my giant bath tub room for 2 of us squeaky clean kissable lovers. ...trim my beard brush my teeth clip my nose hairs Lysol swished in my commode. ..wish I had a bidet. ...shower hose stimulates. ...my cats use their litter box there and I flush their turds and piss clumps away after every use....Kiti&Laila prance along the edge of my bubble bath. ...I have plush rugs on my stone floor stack my towels in the corner closet rinse my briefs & socks to drip dry over my tub. ...porceline palace is an honor to keep spotless for lovers and family come to call

I didn't live like you in a dormitory, but it's still challenging. Even considering that I live alone now. What makes it even more difficult is that I have to clean the bathroom and the house itself. I think you already know about the days when you must thoroughly wash the front of your home. For me, it's even worse than cleaning the bathroom. So to relieve myself of that burden, I use the help of [sparklewash.com]. This is quite a good decision because now I don't have to worry about spending a day off to do it. This is best done when it is necessary to wash the car. After all, several tasks can be done in one day.

The best way to clean your bathroom is to use a high-pressure washer. You can use any cleaner you want, and the result will be excellent.

My own no, but I don’t know how I would manage a public one. But, as a person who grew up in a village that is used to cows, I can say that I would probably not have any issues with that if I had to.
You just need a good mop and some good chemicals to remove all the dirt. Also, sometimes I like to clean just because it makes me feel better and calmer in a clean room. And I think I would like the view of a clean bathroom that was dirty before. That’s why I rarely hire cleaning services. Maybe only to do a nice end-of-tenancy cleaning when I have to move out of an apartment.

After living in a student dormitory, nothing is gross to me because I've seen a lot

Yep, cleaning the bathroom is my least favorite part in the entire house. It feels like most of the bacteria is gathered there, and sometimes I am even afraid to touch one thing or another, the toilet especially. It's much better for me to call a house clearance company and they will do all the dirty work for a decent price. That's much better than me wearing protective gloves, a mask, and spraying detergents left and right. I am too tired even when I think about this.

As I was reading the comments I was reminded of the time I went to my husband’s (then we were newly dating) friend’s apartment to hang out. It was the first time I had met this guy. Well to make a not so long story even shorter I had asked to use the restroom and when I went through the doorway he had showed me I was horrified by what I saw. This bathroom was so incredibly disgusting that I still get the heebie jeebies when I think about it. I turned around as quick as I could and got out of there. I ended up telling my husband that I couldn’t use that bathroom and went outside and squatted instead. That was first and only time I have chosen to pee outside instead of using someone’s lavatory.

Omg I am so overly grossed out by restrooms that it borders on phobia territory. I hate cleaning them but I always make sure I am the one that does mine because I don’t trust that anyone else will get it clean. I always have to wear gloves when doing it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:233577
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.