Agnostic.com

12 0

How do you all deal with the fact that most of the bad people are gonna get away with the horrible things they do?

prthptl35 3 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I got this... Don't worry!

It's not a bad thing if you don't get caught..... Like it or hate it, it's a fact

I mean, if they do horrible things to me or mine... They're not getting away unscathed. I may be little, but I'm smart and full of fury.

that is an opinion, not a fact. it is likely but not a given. meanwhile, isn't the point to try not to be one of those bad people?

g

The belief that everyone will face judgment for the evil behavior does have a sense of justice and comfort that the really evil people will get some type of cosmic pay back. One of the realities of the world is that their is no cosmic judge, It is sad but it does help me with the concept that I have a responsibility to promote justice now.

We are all living on our own timelines. I don’t know what others are experiencing when their path and mine cross. In cases where some stranger has wronged me anonymously, I remind myself that desperate people resort to desperate measures in desperate times. When someone who is not a stranger to me has wronged me, I can only hope that they live long enough to recognize and be remorseful of their hurtful, inconsiderate ways, that they are able to grow and become a more positive asset to their community...or, if they are so narcissistic that they are incapable of recognizing and acknowledging their own flaws, then I hope they suffer a long and painful existence, tortured by failures and difficulty, evetually leading to an agonizing and lonely death.

Yep, that'll teach them.

I don't worry about it and just feel glad that it means statistically I'm probably going to get away with all the horrible things I've done. 🙂

Jnei Level 8 Nov 29, 2018

There are a number of human instincts that were given to us, as all our traits are, by the forces of evolution, which were necessary for our survival in the ancestral environment, but in the modern world can become handicaps.

These vestigial instincts, I feel, can be resisted or ignored without regret because, in some cases such as the instinct we call greed, they may, if not resisted, lead to our extinction. Xenophobia, for example, is more destructive than helpful in a modern context. So is our instinct for righting all wrongs. We have to learn to let it go. Work tirelessly for functional justice, yes, but leave moral accounting up to God as always, no matter how imaginary that God may be. We are responsible for our own actions, not the behavior of others.

skado Level 9 Nov 29, 2018

We meet in secret and plot their downfall.

Please send membership application.

Control your own human nature and try to influence those around you.
But if you want to put on a cape and save the rest the world then know that it starts people and how they’re treated or taught to value humanity.

So until we can change that then there will horrible people who will do horrible things but just know that they don’t always get away with it. You can outrun the law but you’ll never escape your own conscious.

But before I go please don’t tell me that you’re referring to the orange one in the White House because I’ll have to send you history book filled with men who have done far worse and were revered for it.

I focus on the part of reality they can't ruin for me. Thinking about it too much is just going to drive you crazy.

Well, it has always been that way. We cn only continue to try to make things better.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:233749
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.