Agnostic.com

14 8

LINK Mom’s blistering rant on how men should be blamed for all unwanted pregnancies going crazy viral.  | GOOD

If you want to stop abortion, you need to prevent unwanted pregnancies. And men are 100% responsible for unwanted pregnancies. No for real, they are. Perhaps you are thinking: IT TAKES TWO! And yes, it does take two for intentional pregnancies. Dated 9/23/18,

HippieChick58 9 Nov 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

On the surface of it, this seems like an extreme view. In fact, I would call it an extreme view. But it has made me wonder what's behind it. She's a mormon, which as far as I know is very patriarchal. No, extremely patriarchal. From that point of view, if men are 100% responsible for pregnancies, then that gives them 100% of the decision on abortion. Shouldn't it? By a mormon's reasoning. So to me, this seems an insidious assertion designed to appeal to women and get them to shoot themselves in the foot, as it were.

@Bierbasstard That's why I said it's insidious. She's trying to pitch something that women in general will find difficult to argue with.

She has more than one point there.

When I was a lot younger I forgot and left some condoms at a woman’s apartment. Later I joked that I like to keep stashes of condoms all around town at various women’s houses. She said she’d put the condoms in a jar with my name on it and put the jar on the shelf alongside all the other jars of condoms left by various men. By that age I had humor, and also I understood caution.

When I was a lot LOT younger the instinctive urge to couple was extreme and I had no thought of the consequences. Actually I wanted there to be children. It was seize the day, full steam ahead, and let the future take care of itself. I suspect that you can talk yourself blue in the face about using condoms but many young guys won’t hear a word because they are on autopilot.

Nature wants babies, but she also wants us to care and be responsible for those babies 100%.

I do not care for people who refuse to take personal responsibility, of any gender.

Well - it was an interesting read, if nothing else. I can't speak for all women - but I, personally, would never have relied on any man to make sure I didn't get pregnant. Call it paranoia - whatever - I think there are not very many things in life that are as impactful as an unwanted/unplanned pregnancy....raising children is hard enough - I'm happy to say that both of mine were planned and very much wanted. Just my two cents worth....

Men do not have to orgasm to get a woman pregnant. Precum can do that.

Otherwise she is dead on - this is food for thought.

I understand the emotional content of this; I don’t expect responses will, or perhaps even should, remain purely dispassionate. But I hope reason and accurate biological descriptions will be tolerated as well. I’ll also look forward to those more insightful critiques being delivered by women, instead of men, because there is no ground for men to stand on that won’t be seen, rightly or wrongly, as defensive. I would love to see this article examined with scientific rigor.

skado Level 9 Nov 29, 2018

I love how so many men still cry and play the victim.
Poor little dears.
So victimized.
My heart bleeds.

I have question?? So is every sexual encounter involving a male and a female now considered rape?

Because just like driving while intoxicated you knew the risk the moment you started so to blame a man for you allowing him to ejaculate inside of you is the same blaming the poor bastard as the distillery for putting the booze in the bottle you’re drinking out of while driving.

But if we actually look at as that she’s saying that abstinence before marriage is the only real way to hopefully insure that there’s no unwanted pregnancies then yeah sure got ya.

The thing is, it is damn hard to tell when a man has ejaculated, and if he takes the condom off without you knowing, what do you do?

@HippieChick58 well before I got married and after I went into the army I made the conscious decision to not have sex with any woman that wouldn’t consider marrying.

I am one of those mistakes and I lived being reminded of such for most of my life by my father because my mother was too young to raise me and left me with my uncle.
My father who knows where the hell he went to until I was 4 so yeah I made an adult decision when I was 17 to not repeat that cycle.

But I can say this as an observer of human behavior most of the men that I’ve known have told me that something was wrong with me for my being very particular and unfortunately I found out some women really liked my ideology and still try to talk me even though I’ve moved on from them.

And my point being is men and women need to learn to properly identify themselves and their intentions as far as relationships go because if you’re a man or a woman looking for a serious relationship but you’re going to places where one night stands is actually the name.
Then don’t be shocked or upset about things turn out

I’m just saying that if you’re looking for a vehicle with great fuel mileage and you’re test driving corvettes and vipers then you’re bound to have problem at some point.

@Alshaytan I am sorry for your upbringing, however it has made you wise. I told my girls that if they were not planning on becoming pregnant then they better be actively working to prevent it if they were being intimate with anyone anytime. I told them this in HS and clearly laid out to them what a pregnancy would do to the rest of their lives. The first grandchild was produced when the youngest was 26 and had been married almost 2 years. I took responsibility for my own reproduction choices, and I made sure my kids did. Yes, I wish every man and woman took responsibility for their choices. If men are spreading their sperm around they have to be willing to deal with the consequences, and women need to either prevent pregnancy on their end or make sure their partner understands what the outcome could be and is willing to shoulder that responsibility. I believe no child is illegitimate, but there are great numbers of illegitimate parents.

Shitty education is to blame for most unwanted pregnancies. If you do like school todays and teach teens nothing.... No, wait. That's unfair of me.
'If you teach teens that condoms are a form of murder' (fixed it) and to "just say no" what will happen is the teens will use rumors floating around on how to prevent pregnancy. For example, by standing up while having sex.
Idiots at my school believed that - and equally idiotic myths - would work. Take a wild stab in the dark at how well that worked out.

Uninformed people make uninformed decisions. Why is it so hard for some to understand that?

The old term of "She's setting her sight's" on a good Man, so is she going to shoot him or try to make him hers?

I too think men shoudl be held responsible. Hold men financially accountable for any kids they create and suddenly they will take more of an interest in making sure they don't happen.

That is the case in the UK yet it doesn't deter many

@Veteran229 It's not working well because there really isn't all that much enforcement in the U.S.

Does the thinking of "Trapping a Man" by being pregnant still happen? I believe that was the mindset many years ago(probably wrong now).

It worked on my cousin and by the time he figured out that it wasn’t his the court would’ve still made him pay child support.

@Alshaytan I've read about that,being forced to pay for a child not his,even though the DNA testing said he's not the father.....

@Mike1947 The court sees it as if you either didn’t challenge as to whether or not that child is yours biologically before you sign the birth certificate or that you have created a parental bond between and that child then yes tag your it.

But keep in mind that these are the same sadistic bastards that give parental rights to rapist so there’s some things that need to be desperately fixed.

@Alshaytan Very much in agreement,the rapist angle is scary....

@Alshaytan I've Niece,who when she announced her pregnancy to her boyfriend,he ran away,without any support,fortunately my late brother and his wife took her in and helped raised the child.I do not know if child support was ever established,or visitation rights. She's engaged now to another good man,who I understand may adopt the kids(another from a former marriage).

@Mike1947 Well I’ve known of those personally and I’ve learned that in most cases it was better that it happened but still it does put an unnecessary burden on others.
I also hope that it works out for your niece.

@Alshaytan New marriage soon I think,she's found a good man this time,seems to love her, and her kids. Not many men will assume responsibility for another man's children.

you can't "trap" a man who is careful of his reproductive choices. this woman is spot on about a lot of things and one of them is that men will complain about condoms until they're blue in the face,hound their partners about wanting to have "natural' sex with no condom or pulling out then claim they were trapped when pregnancy occurs because of their actions. What a bunch of self absorbed whiners, blinded by their sense of entitlement you lot are.

Yes she makes good points but taking responsibility from either party is silly . Both need to use protection for extra security most contraceptive's are only,99% effective so if both parties use one each then it makes the chances of getting pregnant even less likely

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:233761
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.