Agnostic.com

5 1

We die therefore we exist or exit?

AndyWhittle1 2 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being a total part of the cosmos who knows how many times we will be born and die or as what we might be reborn as. I just hope I do not come back as a marking place for a dog!

That would depend on your spell checker and whether or not you have auto complex turned on. I am just getting ready now that the creatures were here first. Dammit!

We are very self-aware and that's our problem

Not sure what you mean..could you rephrase the question?

We are made of matter, which is really another form of energy, and since energy can't be created or destroyed, we have always existed and will always exist in some energy form.

Not sure what his question is either. He needs to speak clearly- instead of indulging in a failed attempt at profundity.

Well when we sleep, do we die and then resurrect? how do we really know? Maybe we never lived, maybe we wake up, but really we were born at that very moment ready made with loads of memories as if we had a life beofrehand, and then maybe when we sleep, we are really shutting down and exitting.

Something to consider about sleep: if we sleep to the recommended eight hours a day, and live to 60, we have slept for 20 years.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23420
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.