Agnostic.com

4 7

Is patriarchy ruining your dating life?

As I have been involved in the "wonderful" world of on-line dating, it seems to me that men don't realize how much of this good-ol' patriarchy is ruining our dating lives.

Because of the dickish attitudes that many men were force-fed from when they were young, they act horribly and disrespectfully to women in the dating apps. As a result, women become very cautious and skeptical (a totally logical response), and will be far more reluctant to make the connection.

I guess there could be more hormonal explanation for men's overly aggressive attitudes, rather than sociological.

But if this idea of "woman as sexual possession" were to diminish, I think more women would be willing to meet with more men more often. 🙂 Think about how much easier that would make the on-line dating!

This on-line dating has been an interesting sociological experiment, which I am happy to have ended. At least for now. Knock on wood.

AtheistReader 7 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are entirely correct. When the toxic behaviour is pointed out, most guys get offended and double down on their obnoxious behaviours as well. Then come on here crying about how they can't get dates or keep getting dumped for "no reason".

It's sounds like your date went well and your christmas gift planning. I"m glad to hear it. I do believe that what you have said makes sense. There is a lot of truth to that, I know that I am careful about dating and what is expected of me.

I am happy to meet as many men as possible, actually bring them on.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:234390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.