Agnostic.com

8 5

QUESTION We Are Stardust—Literally

How 40,000 Tons of Cosmic Dust Falling to Earth Affects You and Me
Exciting article about how our bodies are made of remnants of stars and massive explosions in the galaxies authors say. Try explaining this to our god fearing friends?

sciteachmd 6 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We are made of star stuff so that the universe can know itself.

BillF Level 7 Mar 27, 2018

We ARE the children of the Universe, we are made from the materials that originated billions of years back in time.

Laurence Krauss put it beautifully when he said "You are all star dust."

Everything is stardust.

Makes total sense to me; I don't think faith should close our minds to science. Stupid people with no desire to expand their minds won't accept it. My grandmother never accepted the moon landings. Its called willful ignorance - something with which I have no patience.

We are star stuff. The big problem is that we keep trying to go back there and we keep making up stories to explain it all by putting a god in the picture. The truth is, we do not know about the "nothing" in space. That "nothing" really is something but we just don't know what. As far as the universe, it may have always existed. I don't know for sure.

Since it is constantly changing, our universe has never before, and will never again "exist" in its present form.

That was where all the heavy elements come from that allow us to exist, from their fusion inside stars that eventually novae, the remnants of which go on to form new stars to fuse into even heavier elements.

godef Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

I call it the Butt Hair Between the Cracks argument. ( A cosmological argument)

The universe exist.
The universe must have had a beginning(so they say)
Something cannot come from nothing.( I don't know that is true)
God has never been proven to exist.
My butt hair exist.(and is made up of particles that existed at the beginning of the universe)
Therefore, My butt hair....

I don't recall Carl Sagan ever stating it like that? I do remember him talking about us being star stuff...I'll never forget that. 🙂

Lol!!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.