Agnostic.com

4 0

QUESTION Bishop declares nun's recovery as 70th Lourdes miracle - ABC News

Lots of people still do believe.

MrLink 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aaaaaand the bullshit continues. Sanctioned by The Church.

What shocks me is when you hear people talk about a loved one who was diagnosed with some form of cancer and got treatment at a highly regarded medical center that specializes in that. And then you hear them say how now their prognosis is very good, and "its like a miracle!". No, it's medical science. A lot of years and hard effort from hundreds of scientists doing basic research are responsible for those good outcomes. We need to Recognize that!

We should not foster the belief that we can just sit back and pray, and visit the shrine of an idol, and illness will be cured by that. Polio would not be cured and small pox would not be eradicated from the planet without science; and the steady building up of knowledge, techniques and methodologies that come from basic scientific research.

Yes, the human body can heal itself, but its not the water from the spring at the grotto of the virgin Mary, or Jesus, that is doing it. There is no excuse for selling this snake oil.

It is a miracle that intelligent people believe this stuff. I have has amazing recovery from a few surgeries and yes it was a miracle that I was able to stay focused and get it over with,
A women recently gave birth to a human baby, a miracle.

EMC2 Level 8 Feb 12, 2018

Why not? Even people who take placebos can suddenly get well, if they believe they will.

One young adult girl who joined an overseas team for my mission to help African immigrants told this story in our mission magazine.

Our mission doesn't preach anything about supernatural healing, and the girl was passing out basic drugs and remedies to help the sick. One old man with white, blind eyes was in line. The skin around his eyes was cracked and dried, so she rubbed some ointment on them.

The man reacted strangely, gazing around slowly as though he expected to see.
She said she felt terrible for giving him "false hope," but after she returned to the US, she watched a video of the Africans being helped, and was startled to see the same old man..now with perfectly normal eyes, running around, able to see.

He was telling everyone that a lady had put medicine on his eyes and cured him.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23455
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.