Agnostic.com

3 3

LINK Destroyed: How the trashing of rape kits failed victims and jeopardizes public safety - CNN

After a year of #MeToo outrage and stories about the alleged perpetrators of sexual violence, "Destroyed" focuses on the people charged with protecting the public from sex offenders.

This exclusive reporting reveals that law enforcement agencies nationwide have trashed rape kits before the statutes of limitations expired in hundreds of sex crimes cases. The destruction of this critical evidence, which potentially contained DNA to solve crimes, followed botched investigations.

CNN's Ashley Fantz began digging on this story a few years ago when a police department in Fayetteville, North Carolina, announced it had destroyed more than 330 kits. Nearly 85% of those kits were never DNA-tested.

HippieChick58 9 Nov 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Key word in the original post is "a few years ago"...... this is nothing new and I don't understand why some comments already pinned this one down to "old white man".

Because mostly it is old white men in charge.

@HippieChick58 That's hilarious and ridiculous. With all do respect, of course

@Dave75 Agree... since today favorite sport is to blame everything on our current administration, I just wanted to point out that this particular issue started way before our current turmoil state of affairs.

This kind of crap makes me sick and very angry. It makes me ashamed of my gender. Of course l am ashamed of most of humanity most of the time.

@Closeted They aren't in charge of giving the order to dispose of rape kits in the vast, vast number of police stations in this country , if in any at all.

This is a failure of justice. Masaginy, disregard and disrespect.

Misogyny?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:234720
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.