Agnostic.com

18 4

Night owl

Anyone a night owl out there? I cannot sleep at night, never could. Day time vampire here I guess.

TheCoffeeBitch 3 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Apparently I've become a night owl due to insomnia and sleep apnea. I've had about six hours sleep in the last three days.

Sleep is the cousin of death. I once slept like babies do, or even possibly kings, only now sleep is a improbable thing.

Night owl. I’m usually up at night because I get so caught up watching interesting shows on YouTube lol.

Last Friday I got 3 hours of sleep, then worked. Went to sleep around 6:30 p.m., got a full 8 hours and woke up at 2:30 a.m. Got up and started my day. I was up in the middle of the night, but don't recon that constitutes being a night owl.

Farmboy is up with the chickens. You can't soar with the eagles during the day if you're up hootin' with the owls all night, my grandpa would say.

I became a night owl when my children were young and I waited until they went to bed to be able to savor a meal without commotion and beggers crimping my style. Never looked back.

I've been off all last week and today. I go back to work tomorrow. Nothing worse than slowly getting use to being up late and then bam! No more sleeping in those 2 hours. Let alone trying to get to bed 2 to 3 hours earlier!

I was a night owl from my late teens till I gave up weed 4 years ago. a month later and I'm up every morning really early and asleep early too.

I used to be, but running my business doesn't allow for that anymore.

B4 menopause I was a night owl. Thank goodness for the printing industry, lots of night shifts. I loved the 3-11 or 4-midnight. Best ever was 4 tens - 3p to 1a. But then I shifted to being a self employed potter and something shifted and I really enoyed a hard physical day that ended earlier and I slept well. I some times wonder if the total darkness helped. When I made this shift I was living in a rural area away from city lights. Now with NO happy hormone I find sleeping thru the night not as easy. BUT this apartment complex is well lit all night and unless I invest in black out curtains it is never fully dark.

I'm on ambien, so I sleep like a baby.

Me too. I wake up hungry every two hours with a wet diaper.

I hate going to bed before 2am, my day isn't properly concluded. When it's late in my little part of the world is finally quiet and I can get some work done. My best writing happens between midnight and 7am.

Gohan Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

Present. 10pm to 1am is my science and political YouTube time.

While living in Crete... my nickname was NightHawk... it was the Club Life.... Later in life I discovered... watching too much tv I noticed going days with barely any sleep... now that I don't watch 25 minutes of tv in a 24 hour period. I sleep a lot. Day or Night. Nothing like being retired. Like any good Vampyre will tell you.

It happens a lot. 🙂

Betty Level 8 Feb 12, 2018

I think my internal clock is a 25 hour one.

godef Level 7 Feb 12, 2018

Absolutely.

Musician, kind of comes with the territory. I do my practicing etc. at night as well because there are far fewer interruptions.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23518
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.