Agnostic.com

25 6

A guy blocked me

Someone found me here, went to FB and messaged me.. we were talking just fine and he asked me out, then just blocked me out of nowhere? I don’t know what’s going on with guys nowadays but I’m just wondering what the hell do I do? Even tho I know it’s not me.

Paola 3 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Paola, you’re in the lower levels. Please stay on site for your communication. If someone asks you to go to Facebook they get too much private info right away. If you go offsite, create a email address that is not connected to anything person or professional in any way. These people that want to go to Facebook right away are usually scammers. Change your Facebook password immediately

Let it go, people are so weird and you deserve better. There's a lot of nice people here. Hold out for a better one to date.

I'd say bullet dodged......

He was probably married and his wife found it. Bwahaha seriously. I've had that happen..

Oh sweet @Paola, don't make much out of it. You just need to find the right guy. Carry on, turn the page. Yes, I got curious and had to check your profile. Your smile will take you places !!!

That's kind of like being ghosted. It drives you crazy, but let it go. You didn't really didn't know this guy, so why care. The one thing I did learn about online relationships is that they disappear just as fast as they appear.

You don’t do anything except move on with your life and be thankful he flaked out now instead of later. It’s a people thing not a guy thing.

Significant numbers of people are idiots. Don't waste your precious time on earth trying to explain their behavior. Just move on to people who don't confuse you. They exist. You'll find them in time.

You do nothing, some people do that. Move on, billions of people left.

What did you say after he asked you out?

Not be dismissive of your problem, but welcome my world. I can't tell you how many times I've started a conversation with a woman, she says hi, then that's the last thing she ever says.

I've chatted with someone for as long as 9 months and had them disappear. Online relationships are built on fantasy. I think the person I was chatting with was married.

Don't worry he probably has some mental issues and you should be grateful.

So someone stalked you, then asked you to go out and got accepted and then blocked you. I think you are better off without that.
I think the Internet and social media in particular has become a sort of safe playground for the socially and emotionally awkward or undeveloped. Some seem clearly to me to be seeking fantasies of connection and relationship and are frightened of actually becoming involved with someone. I do not know a thing for it. How could it be you?

You do....nothing.

I think that sometimes this is actually a power dynamic, that people feel some loss of control, and want to reassert it.

Shrug. Clearly, you don't want to get too attached to such a person.

You might just need a accept that people are nutty. I wish I could applogise for him as another guy but that would be even more nutty. I hope you are ok.

Eh, just ignore someone who acts like that, not worth your time to fret over.

Based on that information; I'm gonna guess what happened was fear of rejection.

Nothing you can do about it. They have to work that out themselves.

This is a good article that explains why it gets to us so much when people treat us that way. [psychologytoday.com]

LOL your title is 'A guy blocked me'..... Welcome to the world.

I get blocked on dating sites all the freaking time, sometimes before I have a chance to send a message to someone, or before I do more than "like" someone's profile. I guess that's their response to me, saving them all the hassle of saying "sorry, not interested". I actually appreciate knowing someone is not interested, it shows the person is willing to take the time to consider me in the first place.

some folks are just weird. i block people but not out of nowhere.

g

I said hi to a girl at a bar, and her response was bye. I know it is not the internet, but it was actually quicker lol. Not really much you can do about it really. Some people are just jerks

Women do the same, correction, humans do that. Keep it moving. Wouldn't mind hanging with you, but distance lol. Oh, and be glad nothing else came about it. No drama is good.

Was it a touchdown?

godef Level 7 Dec 2, 2018

Probably just a field goal kick.

Probably married...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:235410
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.