Agnostic.com

27 1

Veganism: where do you stand?

I understand the humane/environmental benefits of veganism, but biologically humans are meant to be omnivores and by design our nutrition is meant to come from plants and animals. I wonder what others think?

ImpressionistMe 5 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am still, mostly, a vegetarian who still likes cheese and eggs. I also used that mostly term because on occasions I will also in take fish and birds.

I feel so much better both physically and morally now that I do not eat flesh food. I do eat eggs that are from happy hens and an occasional dairy product from an organic farm. I make sure to have enough B12 and an organic iron supplement. For the first time my system is alkaline and disease cannot flourish in an alkaline environment.

I have studied nutrition and have been taught that our diets, ideally, should be 75% vegetables. A doctor who helped me cure a so-called incurable disease told me that raw vegetables are the only regenerative foods. We are what we eat. Problem is that results from bad eating take time to manifest. By that time we do not connect the cause with the effect.

Let me tell you, feeling great is worth the self discipline. I don't tell other people how to live (eat).

Not enough attention is given to the way livestock is raised. It is beyond deplorable - cruel beyond belief, unsanitary, filthy dirty, against nature. Simply awful and very unhealthy for us. The world has changed. The small farms have been overtaken by big business. I am so glad not to partake in this travesty.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23573
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.