Agnostic.com

6 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was 5 years old and in Sunday school. My teacher told us that gods hands held the moon and kept it orbiting around the earth. I checked out a book at my local library that explained elementary gravity. I brought it the following sunday and presented it to him. His reaction was that if I kept challenging gods "word" I was sinning and would go to hell. I was very lucky to have a close family member that supported my new found interest in science and physics. Of course he debunked the stupidity of my "teacher"

Amazing post! Thanks for sharing. I remember being told about creation as a little girl and just laughed out loud about it. Happy late Darwin Day, everyone!!!!

You’re welcome.

As expected from any article in Scientific American - great information. Thanks for the link!

I have been a subscriber to SA for many years now. They are the best.

Wow, fascinating. Thanks for posting!

You’re welcome.

Anyone who believes in creationism is a damned fool who chooses to be ignorant in the face of overwhelming evidence.

I would restate that. "Any adult professing intelligence AND to have examined the relevant evidence, yet believes in creationism etc."

I was raised a Creationist. It took a long time before I had learned enough of the methods and the facts to firmly shake that stupid non-sense.

@Rhetoric good for you for making progress!

Very cool.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23581
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.