Agnostic.com

4 2

LINK Fake science: Here's the alarming pseudoscience ecosystem that's threatening our nation's health | Alternet

FTA: The goal is a web browser extension that will work in the background to flag sites with a color-coded measure of their scientific veracity. Green means the content is reliable. Red or orange means it’s bogus, and the user will be offered a better web site on that topic. We’re also creating a smartphone app that will serve up science articles, stripped of their origin and authorship, and ask users to swipe left for fake and right for legit. The app will provide a way to crowd source the identification of fake science, with a gamified interface so that users can compete with their friends and colleagues.

zblaze 7 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Try and convince a right winger that the colors are not rigged.

EMC2 Level 8 Dec 4, 2018

If this is genuine and trustworthy in future....WE ALL NEED IT!

I hope this pans out in real time! People now-a-days, have a knack for twisting reality...any reality, even facts and figures! I hope I am off base here!

I think this misses the point -- people don't want facts; they want stories, true or false, that provide comforting confirmation to their existing biases. I vaguely recall a Doonesbury series on people buying up whatever "facts" they needed to confirm their beliefs. It was maybe a bit too much on the nose!

Doonesbury gets it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:236237
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.