Agnostic.com

20 10

Are your points stuck, too?

For the last three days, my points have been stuck. They have not increased despite writing three posts, replying, and liking other people's posts and comments.

Another woman wrote that she has the same problem. Twice, I wrote to Agnostic.com customer service. Asked them to investigate and fix the problem.

Are your points stuck, too?

To contact Agnostic.com:

1. Hover your cursor over Learn.

2. Click on About Us.

3. Go the bottom of the page. In the purple band, click on "Contact."

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't keep track of my points. I am on this site for intelligent conversation with like minded people and just maybe find a prospective female partner. The points are therefore somewhat irrelevant.

I love the community, but I am very busy with my Youtube channel. I look through the post on religion and try to add to the conversation when I can and do not bother to yak when I can't. Heck I would just buy the T-shirt If I could! It would be nice to eventually earn it, But i want to contribute not just rack up points.

Yes, stuck.

Why does this place have to be a competitive endeavor? So I'm less than because I don't post 50 posts a day? maybe I just don't have anything to say right now. So get over the point thing and start posting interesting and provocative statements and ideas. Sorry folks, i just get tired of scrolling through 50 posts that really are not interesting to me.

@starwatcher-al

Sounds like you got out of bed on the wrong side. If you don't like a post, don't read it. Nobody forces you to read 50 posts a day.

@LiterateHiker i must have missed the memo where you got appointed my/our personal censor.

@starwatcher-al

Gaining points is not a competition or race.

It motivates people to participate in the discussion.

Ohferpetssake! Just STFU about the points, already.
Youff life will not change, not one iota, no matter how many you have, or how long it takes to get them.
It is a simple result of the Number of your posts/replies, not some kind of award that shows how intelligent or witty you are......in fact, in some cases, not so much......

Yup, agree, yes sir and madam.

@AnneWimsey

Sounds like you got out of bed on the wrong side. Nobody forces you to read a post. If you don't like it, move on, darling.

Still stuck but I know Admin has been contacted by many members. I might wake up one day with tons of points showing up. It would be like Christmas morning surprise!!!

@Bendog Like I saved my money and bought a gift to surprise myself on Christmas morning.

Is there really a hierarchy with points? Why is that important?

@tymtravler

On your profile, under "Details," is the word, "Level." Your points are to the right of Level. Click on your underlined points and you will get the Level page.

This explains the perks you get at different levels. When you reach Level 8, you get a free Agnostic.com T-shirt (purple or black, unisex sizes) with a ballpoint pen.

Shut up, level 6! Know your place! Level 7 rules!!! 😉

@joeymf86

It's a long slog between levels 7 and 8. Seems like forever.

@LiterateHiker Level 8 is definitely taking its sweet time getting here.

@joeymf86

Yes. To go from level 7 to 8, you have to gain 40,000 points.

Fom level 8 to 9 is harder. You have to gain 200,000 points.

@LiterateHiker I found myself at times wondering what the point system was for, now I got an idea like the other gentleman I'll be waiting naked for my shirt to show up

@LiterateHiker A t-shirt and a ball point pen give me shivers of anticipation!

I have been stuck since I signed up.

@JohnHenderson2

To gain points, you need to write posts and questions, and like and comment on other people's posts and replies. To learn about levels and how to accrue points:

On your profile, under "Details," is the word, "Level." Your points are to the right of Level. Click on your underlined points and you will get the Level page.

This explains the perks you get at different levels. When you reach Level 8, you get a free Agnostic.com T-shirt (purple or black, unisex sizes) with a ballpoint pen.

@LiterateHiker I have done those things. I created a post and had about 35 replies and it still didnt add anything.

@JohnHenderson2

Your bio says you have done:

Comments: 3

You have to do much more than that to gain points.

@LiterateHiker I have to think about that for a moment, time's up! I'm only heading for 5 so should I maybe get dressed or my going to be cold a long time

@LiterateHiker, according to that I should have over 300 points.

@LiterateHiker, my points were finally added. I went from 67 to 470 overnight. Maybe they got their glitch worked out.

I am stuck on points, cuz points are stuck on me.

godef Level 7 Dec 4, 2018

This seems like a pointless discussion to me.

@callmedubious

Your username fits you.

I'm stuck too. I hope that the backlog pulls through. If they're having trouble with computer overload that's a good and bad thing. Good because of the large, active community here and bad because they're going to need bigger servers.

Since I am chugging to 8,I check intermittently as it will be awhile?

I looked like I would be stuck on level 7 for most of a year...now it looks like it could be much longer since my points haven't changed in a few days. There better be cake, is all I'm saying.

points per level are very similar to the Mercator projection. points get longer/bigger as we approach the poles.

But the reward is beyond comprehension.

How can that be wrong?

It's like when they estimate your utility bill. Things will be caught up when the meter is read again.

Yup.. Stuck... Admin said he turned them off for a bit, but turned them back on... Mine are still stuck though...

I wasn't even aware the points were stuck. I wonder if we'll get reimbursed the points we accumulated/earned when it gets fixed?

This is all over the Senate group ... Admin has stated in reply to my query that it's a background process that has been shut down due to system load, although I'm not clear whether that explains this particular failure or previous ones. It may be down for refactoring at this point, given the level of complaints.

I can't speak to more than I know, but I conclude that it's likely that no one's points are "lost", simply delayed.

Yes

I broke it when I made level 8 Sunday.

@creative51 All my fault, get out the cross.

@nvrnuff

That's hilarious! Love your sense of humor.

I pictured you gleefully jumping up-and-down on your computer.

@LiterateHiker Nah, nothing like that, but I did picture myself wearing the shirt and getting shot at.

They ran out of shirts, had to find a way to curb the rampant shirt culture. ?

@PolyWolf

What size did you request? My shirt is size small.

The T-shirts are unisex sizes.

@LiterateHiker I was just joking. You are wearing the hell out of that shirt though - you should send it to them for advertisements and ask for money. I'm not joking. You look great.

@PolyWolf

Thank you so much! The funny thing is, I have hat hair from hiking two day in a row. But I'm glowing from endorphins.

Here's our lunch view. Mt. Stuart, 9,615', and the Wenatchee Mountains.

@LiterateHiker Amazing. Bob Ross couldn't have painted a more idyllic scene.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:237119
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.