Agnostic.com

9 0

Wine, beer, liquor, or sobriety?

I enjoy semi-dry italian reds, stouts and porters, and the occasional dark’n’stormy. What is your poison of preference or choose not to indulge?

ImpressionistMe 5 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mead! The beverage of vikings!

I'm really into stout and porter. We have a couple of lovely pubs here (including the St Radegund [en.wikipedia.org] owned by a local brewery that produces some fabulous beers including a truly remarkable oatmeal stout.

Do you like whisky, too? I find people who enjoy the rich, burnt flavours of stout also enjoy the really peaty whiskys such as Laphroaig, Lagavullin and similar.

Jnei Level 8 Feb 15, 2018

Jamison with a Yuengling chaser.

Sober since 2005. It was either that or lose everything, including my life.

I now make do with other tasty things.

Zster Level 8 Feb 13, 2018

Well done 🙂 I cut right down when I realised that if I didn't it was going to be a problem; for that reason I have the utmost respect for people who have pulled themselves back.

Diet Dr Pepper. I quit soda years ago but still find myself wanting one once in a great while.

Generally avoid alcohol because I'd rather waste calories on dessert.

I would have beer for breakfast if I could afford it. German beer, of course. I cook with wine; sometimes some of it goes into the food. I got some Cinzano for my birthday- need something to ix it with. Vile stuff.
I was married for 24 years to an alcoholic. You sober people: good for you. You recovering addicts: good for you and keep it up.

I quit drinking every day. Every. Single. Day., I get up and tell myself I will NOT be drinking any alcohol today. Then I go to work......

24 at a time.

I drink rarely. When I do, I drink porters/stouts, mead, or ciders, Sometimes a shot of whiskey or mezcal.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23787
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.