Agnostic.com

31 5

Do You Believe In Getting Annual Physical Examinations?

I was wondering how many people have an annual Physical Examination with their Primary Care Physician ? An annual exam usually consist of a general body examination and blood work to screen your body functions and metabolic levels.

A CBC is ordered to check Hematology which consist of cell count, WBC's, RBC's, Hemoglobin, Hematocrit, Platelet count, etc.

For Metabolic Screening, A Chem 7, Chem 12 or a BMP is order.
This can consist of screening for levels of potassium, chloride, creatinine, sodium, cholesterol etc., and can include what is referred as a Hepatic Function Panel to screen Liver functions, and a Lipid Profile which screens Heart functionality.

Please Tell Me Do you Get A Routine Annual Examination and If you feel its necessary.

IF YOU ARE TRANSGENDER, PLEASE RESPOND TO THE GENDER YOU IDENTIFY WITH

• 23 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 13 votes
twshield 8 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get quarter-annual exams.

@twshield Type 1 diabetic. Doctors get very nervous about that.

@twshield You,too, can become a Type 1 if you do not control your blood sugar, and your pancreas gives up (exhausted) making beta cells. I was diagnosed at 16, but had it probably eight years before that. Not a fun conditionto deal with.

With Medicare lots of that stuff is free, or nearly free, so I take advantage of it.

I go only because it'll increase there chances of stumbling upon something, but it doesn't help their ability to correctly diagnose.

I don't get them annually but I do get them.

plus do you really want to live till there is drool running down your face. make room for the next generation would ya

beware of the quackters unless you're in pain and even then read lots first. when dealing with them remember they never give you the whole picture and have no idea how you will perform under duress

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:23907
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.