Agnostic.com

2 1

Growing and consuming Spirulina or Chlorella

Does anyone here grow or consume spirulina or chlorella The literature seems convincing; these two microbes are super foods that are inexpensive and considered by NASA to be complete enough that Mars explorers may survive on nothing but these microbes.

For vegans and vegetarians, chlorella is a great source of B12. It helps clear heavy metals from the body, is high in protein & antioxidants, and provides many vitamins & minerals. Spirulina is similar to chlorella, except it is not a source of B12.

There are videos about both of these foods on YouTube, and literature on the net.

It is important to consume high quality microbes, because poor growing conditions can contaminate them, which is true of anything.

Some videos:

EdEarl 8 Dec 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I like both of them. They are superfoods. If you can't tolerate the taste, they do have capsules that you can use.

I have consumed a small amount of spirulina but I just can’t get over the taste of it. It always made me think I’m a manatee grazing on sea grass. Anyway I don’t use it anymore. I have never tried chlorella.

It is so tasty looking, how does one resist? 🙂

@Sticks48 Just one pinch of that stuff overwhelms whatever it is you put it into.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:239575
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.