Agnostic.com

5 2

Is it necessary to demonize people with different opinions or groups?

I like how most here get along well. Nevertheless, have others noticed some seem to feel if we attend different activities and have different legal points of view that they need to see such others as undesirables or the enemy. I'm not talking about drug addicts, offensive bullies, or folks that feel everyone must try their way but little things like innocent theistic belief, what we wear, what we eat, or even if we exercise. I just don't understand all the fuss. Gifts and decorations for the holiday are still like past generations as well as good will.

WarmFluffy 7 Dec 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sometimes I see that on this site, as if there's only one way to be a non-believer -- that anyone who doesn't agree is wrong or misinformed. How is that attitude different than anywhere else in the world.

True

However some see them as bad.

it is neither necessary nor good to demonize people with different opinions, tastes, ethnicities or anything like that. however, people who are in power and use their power to persecute others are demonizing themselves and should be called out for it. people who approve of this also need to be called out for it.

g

It may seem to some that Atheists, etc, 'demonise' the Theists BUT that is not so on the most part.
Nor do we, the larger percentage of us that is, seek to 'demonise' others, however we do seek to point out that reality IS a better alternative to religious superstitions, etc.

No problem was ever solved by making someone feel small. (That is me agreeing with you.)

Yes, unfortunately some people think that if one has not the same opinion about something that they have one is automatically stupid/evil/the enemy or whatever. There is a large percentage of people who seem to think that one cannot be friends if one has a different point of view about stuff. How boring is that if all of us wanted the same food, the same clothes, the same man..............

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:240293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.