Agnostic.com

10 2

Do You Think We Are Headed For Another Recession

The former Federal Reserve Chair Seems To Think So.

[msn.com]

• 38 votes
  • 2 votes
twshield 8 Dec 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All hell is about to break loose. The dollar is about to get stomped on and I advise many out there to prepare yourselves. Dont get fucked like I did in 2008.

@twshield well said

Economists have been predicting for decades, when the Student Loan industry collapses, it'll be worse than 2008.

Buxx Level 7 Dec 13, 2018

Trump's tariffs have made it so farmers are losing money on their crops, which is how the Great Depression started. Add in the retaliatory tariffs from China and othe rcountries which shoudl raise prices thsi next year, ande buying will slow down, which will lead to layoffs, which leads to less buying and more layoffs and so on into a downward spiral. Than add in that Trump's person to head up the Fed is rising interest rates, whcih means businesses will do less borrowing, which will slow the economy down.

Trump hit the trifecta of how to fuck the economy up. So, yeah there will be a recession. How big it will be depends on how long Trump keeps at it, and how much damage is done and whether or not things can get repaired fast enough to prevent a huge crash. It take mucyh longer to fix or build something than it takes to break it or just fuck it up.

I have all my money in a local credit union, because the big banks are too reckless... not to menion they charge money to depositors to use thier money, rather than payign them to use their money. ATM networks and credit and debit cards means you dont' need a large bank anymore for convenience sake. Let some other sucker support the big banks.

The tax cut benefited the rich. But not much for the middle class. The tariffs are a consumption tax for those who consume. Climate change will cause more terrible and costly problems. It doesn't look good.

Recessions are inevitable. How severe, l haven't a clue. There may be someone on this site who can enlighten us.

Probably. If you want to reduce the number of recessions, get the government out of the economy.

In the US, you're heading for a major recession which will hit just as soon as the money Trump is spending on short-term solutions to all the problems he promised to tackle runs out - the next government is going to have a vast hole in the finances to deal with.

Worldwide, we're probably heading for a recession like never before as vast tracts of land become unable to support agriculture and hundreds of millions, perhaps even billions, of people begin migrating to escape the worst of climate change.

Jnei Level 8 Dec 11, 2018

Agreed!

Every time a Republican is elected president ee have a down trend in the economy. Takes dems 4-8 years to fix it. tRumps just taking a little longer to crash it. But once the tariffs teally kick in we're goinh down hill fast.

No doubt. Contrary to what the "business" man thinks, the fundamentals are crumbling.

I can see a another recession in about 7 to 10 years.

And by years, you must mean months.

@Secretguy I mean years, not months. If, I meant months, I would have chose the other option on the pole.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:241962
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.