Agnostic.com

7 18

Here’s a helpful guide for discussions πŸ™‚

AMGT 8 Feb 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretty cool... The science of having discussions. That's interesting. I have had conversations with engineering that required me think 3 moves ahead of whatever we were talking about. I can think of a couple of times I stuck my foot in my mouth. I was using (locker room slang) instead of OEM description and got called down in a meeting. Note: sitting in a room of contractors, male and female engineering, and staff management. I was the supervisor over the repair of a compressor. As we talked though the tear down proceedure. I asked the contractors if they were going to use a ( condom ) when pulling the piston shaft through the seals. We mechanics understood the question. My senior engineer jumped my butt in the meeting for using that language in front of the ladies. He stated that the OEM part was called a ( shaft thread PROTECTOR). Yep ... I got my ass handed to me and I was the boss..lol.

If you wish to discuss a discussion, aren't you almost like telling a musician he can play music if he/she wants to? Or telling a swimmer that he can go ahead and swim while in a pool? Doesn't a discussion need an idea to start a discussion on discussing who what where when and why the idea is good or bad?

Inter personal communication is keyπŸ™‚

I love this!

Jnei Level 8 Feb 14, 2018

Amusing. But to be picky for a moment, the chart is incomplete and somewhat misleading as a result. IT fails to acknowledge that not every discussion is an argument, nor is every discussion merely parsing facts from falsehoods. Some are about exchanging differing perspectives on value judgments and priorities. There is not always a resolution to be arrived at when different person's have fundamentally different priorities and values.

I genuinely love this

Yeah, this will work in real life. For sure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:24229
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.