Agnostic.com

12 18

Incoming New York attorney general plans wide-ranging investigations of Trump and family

Excellent news!

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The independent counsel, state Attorneys General, and the now democratically controlled House of Representatives are about to unleash the hounds. Get your popcorn, this is going to be wild!

Yes, excellent news but would have been better left unsaid. Her saying it leaves an image of a legal vendetta and harassment, and could lead to his being viewed with greater sympathy by his supporters.

@OwlInASack he started covering his ass the moment he started committing crimes. He is his father’s son, after all.

He is going to regret getting himself into the public eye, where scrutiny is going to be much more intense than it ever was when he was just a typical big mouth millionaire hiding his revenue in order to not pay taxes. This man has been a sleaze bag all his life, but bluffed his way out of all his problems. His day of reckoning is coming.

Isn't it wonderful

That is an article worth passing on so I copied and pasted it on Facebook. I did also explain that Trump is also under investigation in NY, outside of the Mueller investigation, as I dont' believe it is generally known byt the average person.

He has my vote and I will assist any way I am able .

Excellent news!!!!!!!

"I think he's closing in on this president," she said, "and his days are going to be coming to an end shortly."

Quickly please?

Good, we need to hit him where it hurts, his pocketbook.

Exciting. I'm looking forward to this. Hopefully the Supreme Court case will allow it, the one they're deliberating in regards to double jeopardy (Gamble v U.S.).

Can the state start their investigation ahead of the federal? Which takes precedence?

@thinktwice Don't know - the courts would have to decide it. My guess is whichever ends up being more severe, but to be honest, this is in large part why I doubt the law will change. It's just overly complicated.

@thinktwice the two jurisdictions are independent, the state can proceed first or wait to see if anything comes to light they can use from the federal investigation. The Gamble case is not likely to change anything, first because it would not exclude many dual prosecutions and second because SCOTUS appears likely to deny the challenge to the separate sovereigns doctrine anyway. Oral arguments were last week, and only RBG appeared solidly in favor of the plaintiff's case.

@alliwant Thanks...I have watched several attorneys speak on this and they all have different views and interpretations of the laws and the potential outcomes...sheesh...with this guy, one needs to constantly google and research...it is tiring!! lol

I bet he wishes he had lost so he could lay low...he could have gotten away with it, I think because he was not really on their radar...

I am surprised that no one looked into his dealings even as far back as the 1980's...his dad had shady deals and the apple certainly did not fall far from the tree...

The can of worms has been opened and there is no un-opening...he is the one who placed the can in front of everyone's nose, so what did he expect would happen?

This will be interesting to follow....

The Times reporters explained that the IRS is outgunned in cases like this. Drumpf Inc. can hire suits to delay, obfuscate and deflect them for as long as it takes, then settle a huge case out of court by paying a million or two instead of the IRS ever getting to the depth of the issues, which are orders of magnitude more profitable than the fines are painful.

@CallMeDave If he is evading taxes on the federal level, he is doing it on the state level...the returns mirror each other in most cases. While in office, it is unbelievable that he is the commander of the IRS...he has no say at the state level. I am sure that while it seems overwhelming, tax auditors from both have had more difficult cases and are persistent...they didn't come up with the expression that there are only two sure things in life...death and taxes...

@thinktwice you are surprised no one looked into his dealings as far back as...
I happened to catch an interview of the investigating reporters and this very question was raised. It was explained that it has been looked into before, details in my previous post.
You're welcome.

@CallMeDave Thanks...I don't follow your posts but I will check it out...the statutes for tax evasion are complicated depending on whether income was hidden, or expenses overstated, etc. If his accountants were as good as his attorney, Cohen, I am sure we can find some juicy bits in there...

@thinktwice send in the hounds

@CallMeDave Since 2010, the IRS has been systematically stripped. They can't investigate nearly as much as they once could. The Atlantic ran a story with their usual level of detail: [theatlantic.com]

@alliwant What a good article...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:242419
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.