Agnostic.com

6 13

Cathedral of Tall Trees in Snowy Woods

Today Karen and I hiked four miles on hillsides above Squilchuck State Park. After freezing rain on snow, it was too icy for snowshoes. We used micro-spikes that gave traction with no slipping.

I love hiking in the snowy woods. You can see who lives there. We saw tracks of snowshoe hare, fox and deer.

It was breathtaking to descend through a cathedral of tall trees. Patterns caught my eye, simplified by the snow.

LiterateHiker 9 Dec 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thanks for all the pictures, I enjoy them.

Just dress for it. LOL

Snow and frigid temperatures are beautiful and fun to visit but I choose to live where it is warmer.

OCJoe Level 6 Dec 14, 2018

I remember when I used to live in Sweden and it was winter, me on my cross country skis. Simply magnificent, kind of miss it when you talk about it.

I would move to Sweden or Norway if it wasn't so cold there.

@Wildflower That was one of the reasons why I left. These days when winter comes around I go to warmer shores.

Just beautiful. I lived for a few years in a place called Snoqualmie Falls. Old cabin on the edge of a farm surrounded by forests that looked like your pictures. Great, snowbound memories! (I just hated driving in the stuff ... )

I also love the woods in the winter. we had a possum and fox out at our house last night. Caught them on my trail camera.

Night crawlers

@ADKSparky

Wow!

I have seen one fox, after hiking over 200 miles/year since age 21.

@LiterateHiker We see fox all the time. Very healthy animals here because of farming.

Wasn't me! I'll pass on that cold wet stuff!

@OpposingOpposum It’s not so bad if you dress for it.

@LiterateHiker I see lots on my outings here in Alberta all year long

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:244170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.