Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Stoney Westmoreland Arrested for Allegedly Soliciting Teen for Sex | PEOPLE.com

This guy. I just don't get people who want to rape children. Horrifying.

DoctoralZombie 7 Dec 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Who?

He played Henry Mack on the show Andi Mack, which is marketed for a tween audience.

Didn't you start out having sex with teenagers? It shouldn't be shocking that people would like to relive that experience.

Two teens close in age experimenting is entirely different. Surely you are not suggesting his behavior is appropriate?

@DoctoralZombie

Why is ok for two teens close in age but not ok if the male is one more year older?

@Anonbene He's 48

How'd they catch him?

I don't know this guy, I don't really care. My only observation here is that the article does not clarify much and leave a lot out for us to wonder. It says allegedly a 13 year old from a dating site..... well, here is what I know or at least I can speculates about: a) If a 13 year old is in a dating site, shouldn't be the dating site liable instead? b) Was the "bait" really a 13 year old or a posing officer to trap another average joe? ( The average joe is still guilty of being stupid) c) If b happens to be the case, isn't this entrapment? ….. too many potential flaws here. The system deliberately place and LEAVE the cookies unattended and then place surveillance to catch the ones trying to get the cookies. That's the issue I see in this story, not to condemn or judge a person I don't even know.

Entrapment is when you CONVINCE someone to commit a crime that they clearly would not have committed without your entreaty. There's an admittedly fine line between baiting and entrapping, but there is a line nonetheless. And "being stupid" is a severe understatement of a severe offense.

@ghettophilosopher, indeed. I’d rather be dancing on the right side of that fine line to protect innocent children from predators, than allow their behaviors to escalate and further permanently traumatize them. ??

Call me crazy, but a 48 year old man that wants to rape a 13 year old is not what I consider an average Joe.

@DoctoralZombie that's not what I am saying, my point is the system setting the bait and everyone is ok with it... apparently. If she really is a 13, the guy is still responsible (I am not bailing him out), I am asking where the hell are this kid parents and why is this story NOT placing ANY liability on the dating site. If she is NOT a 13 y old (which we DON'T know as a fact) then likely it is a setup and that's wrong as well.

@IamNobody Whew! You scared me for a second...

@IamNobody You missed MY point. BAITING and ENTRAPPING are NOT the same thing. (Sorry for all the caps. I'd italicize if that was an option). I can almost guarantee they didn't entrap him, not from any trust of law enforcement, but for the simple that they would want an alright case. Furthermore, entrapment by design has a rather narrow definition and to be honest, cases that reek of entrapment a lot more than this (take a look at terrorism sting cases) get overlooked all the time.

@ghettophilosopher All I am saying is that we do not know for sure. The presented information is incomplete. I am adding OBSERVATIONS (Sorry about the caps too, we have to be dramatic otherwise it's not fun). Something is missing here and the norm is to jump too quick to judge the person in question when it seems to me there is more to the story.

This is crazy. It seems we are reverting back to Roman times when pedophilia was a part of the culture especially among powerful men.

It has always been there. It is only now just coming out into the open. It was jut that peopel wouldn't talk about or acknowledge it before.

Well...with the sexual propaganda that Disney promotes on their channel and in movies (did we really need to know about Lando and his BOG?!?!?)....it's not that surprising.

I understand people who prey on kids exist, but somehow it still shocks me each time I read about it.

More disagreement from Disney and it employees

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:244591
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.