Agnostic.com

3 0

How would you explain what Fox News really is?

Because Rupert Murdock made his fortune with tabloids, I had envisioned Fox News as beign the tabloidization of the news, because it is that to soem extent. However, I never felt that was quite right, because on Fox you never hear things like "Woman claims to have Elvis' alien ybrid baby that resembles Bigfoot". Then, it finally ocurred tome that Fox News in actually like the national Review (a conservative opinion magazine), which is weighted a great deal more with opinion than facts, and some of their writers are also, like on Fox, not above just making stuff up the only requirements being that it fits the right wing rhetoric, and sounds like some people would believe it.

snytiger6 9 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

FOX is just the same as most other mainstream media sources, NYTimes Washington Post CNN give opinions too, I hardly know of any news sources these days that don't give opinions. Personally, I'm done taking sides on that because both are playing the American citizens. It is no surprise that those who do not like FOX are most likely in support of far left causes, and vice versa alot of those who do like FOX are religious zealots. Human beings will naturally gravitate towards sources/people that share in their own views and distance themselves from those who are perceived to challenge their views.

I think it was a very bad thing wwhen Reagan ended "The Fairness Doctrine", which helped keep news reporting from beign slanted by opinion.

And no, not all news outlets are the same. Tehy faqctual content of every News network other than fox is far more factually based.

I keep hearing how the right wing says the media has a liberal bias. However liberal policiesand agendas are based on collected data (facts), and so the more factual the reporting the more it seems to be biase3d towards liberals.

On the conservative side, it is true that the facts fro9m collected data suggest policies that reduce profits, so they try to cast doubt on the facts. Global Warming is th emost ovbious target right now.

So plicitcs in America in its most simplistic form is the facts on the left versus higher profits on the right.

It’s counter culture to cnn and msnbc because not all lies are the same

Faux propaganda.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:245390
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.