Agnostic.com

54 4

How do you deal with people who like to argue?

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

54 comments (51 - 54)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Argument and verbal conflict are two different forms of dscourse. The former is a logical approach to settling different viewpoints on a subject, while the latter is most often unproductive and can lead to violence and loss of friendship. The best way to settle the latter is simply to agree and refuse to pursue it further. There are, of course, people who begin arguments for the sole purpose of creating a situation in which they attempt to visit violence or other unfortunate behavior upon the other person. Those people will often not be dissuaded, so it isbest simply not to have anything to do with such individuals.

Walk away. I don't like argue

Easy. Ask them to validate anything that doesnt make sense. In my experience people whom like to argue never have scienitific backing for their claim or theory. So when its clarified as a claim, statement, or theory, there lies no reason to argue.

I usually give my palm for them to talk with. LOL

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:245561
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.